Scott204

Remington 1100 Help

My buddy bought an 1100 which will not cycle. The seller is willing to give the money back but was wondering if anyone here had a manual I could look at to see how to change the o-ring, as I have read this could be the problem and it is a cheap fix. The gun is in beautiful shape and not sure he wants his money back if the fix is that easy. Anyone else have an issues like this in an 1100?? It won't cycle anything, 2 3/4 or 3 inch shells. It fires but then bolt doesnt move.

Forget the manual, go check the YouTube videos! There are several excellent ones for new 1100 owners. Usually this problem is the o-ring. Replace, clean the gun, and run the Remy very wet!

Is this an older or newer 1100? There's some small issues over the years that are also easily fixed.

did you try to use heavier loads. mine originally only fired 3in magnum loads. anything else would not cycle.my solution was get a barrel for 2 3/4 and now it cycles no problem. read about opening the gas ports but im not comfortable doing that myself. changing the barrel was simple.

You can buy a baggie of replacement rings on eBay for a few bucks. For now though, clean the one you have on the gun. They do get crudded up after a while. They are easy to take off/put on. It just slides off the mag tube once the barrel is removed.

The Remington 1100 was made to cycle light loads. Mine only failed to cycle if I didn't clean it enough. I do have the Kuhnhausen shop manual series book for the remington 1100/870 models. You are welcome to borrow it if you need to. I am in Monmouth County, near Sandy Hook, so I may be close enough for you to pick it up.

I have PLENTY of O-rings if you need one. I bought a 25 pack from McMaster-Carr for mine. I actually have a 12g and a 20g, have rings for both. If the seals are bad though you will need to buy those. Sometimes people reinstall them incorrectly.