chris327

fid change of address question

So doing a change of address on an fid, does the town need to wait for a file from the previous town? Wayne is saying they have not heard from Paterson and cannot do anything until Paterson gives them the information. Not sure what to do at this point, wayne claims to be sending another request. Would calling paterson asking for it be an option?

Also Wayne is saying maybe just get re printed to do the whole process again like new. Just ridiculous.

I am in the same boat with the NJSP, I don't know if they are waiting for the original town to get back or not but it has been almost a month and nothing yet. I plan on giving them a call early next week to check on the status.

That sucks guys down here in flemington I got my card with my new address in 3 days. Yes they did have to contact the previous town but they responded the same day. Now I regret putting it off for almost 2 years.

We moved one town over last March. We had to submit the full FID application packet except for fingerprints, and it took about a month to get the new card. Don't know what they did in the meantime, except for the reference letters and all that. Silly, but I don't think they can hold it up too long "waiting" to hear from someone. You are either eligible to excercise your rights or not.

A friend of mine did an address change within the same town(North Bergen) it's been 6 months and he's still waiting. They made him go through the whole precess like it was the first time. I was a reference for him and they convienently lost my reference paperwork 2 times. 3rd time I sent it in for him I sent it certified, signature confirmation and they still tried to say they didn't have it

Was told by my local PD that I had to start from scratch to do an address change including full background checks and fingerprints. Is this true or is he trying to dissuade me?

I did have to do the same thing when I made my last address change, but that was probably because I last did all that back in 84, long before electronic finger printing. However in my town it was quick and easy and had my duplicate card in about 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My address change took 14 weeks. My old PD sent my file the same day since I was able to call my buddy in the department (Only a department of 11) and request that he handle it. Was told by new PD that address change was just like getting a new FID and all the background / fingerprints / references needed to be redone....... Nightmare!