Sign in to follow this  
JaredC

gun shops near cabelas in hamburg?

My sisters boyfriend and I are taking a ride out to cabelas to browse. I remember seeing a billboard on the way home for another gun shop that specialized in mosins and other war rifles. Does anyone know the name of that place? Any other good local mom and pop shops that we should stop at?

heading out now for the roadtrip.

thanks Jared

You probably mean Eagle Arms just south of Allentown.....big billboard on the way back from Cabelas.

I went there this summer, but their stuff is mostly at Gun shows.....they did have mosins.....

http://www.eaglearms.com/

Since its a detour and you can do better at Sarco ( right off the first exit after ou get into PA)....i suggest you dont go to Eagle Arms......

Also Heritage aguild Easton is right next to Sarco, so on the way to Cabelas do stop at these 2 places.....you d be better off......lots more than in the Eagle Arms shop.

I think I know the billboard you are referring to - Old School & I went out there a while agao and tried to go to that gunshop, but it was closed - weird hours. Where we did go, beside Cabela's, was Shakey's Gun Shop...

http://www.shakeysgunshop.com/

Small family owned shop but really great people to deal with. I saw them be honest with a customer and tell him they had no idea how long a particular SO would take, rather than just taking his money (which he offered) and letting him stew. They even called the manufacturer in the customer's presence. It was customer service above and beyond. Worth the little side trip.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I am planning a Cabela's trip at the end of January to check out some long rifles (Remington & Savage). Does anyone know if their long rifle stock is as low as the ones in New Jersey gun stores? I'd hate to make that ride and come home empty handed.

I was out there 10 days ago and from what I could tell, their entire stock was depleted. Handguns, long guns, ammo, everything. They were also getting a massive load of inventory that same day, though. So who knows? Why not just call first?

I made the trip out there yesterday. Ammo shelves, especially for hundguns was wiped clean. Handgun, long gun and shotgun inventory was pretty good, assault weapons were nowhere to be found except for one PTR91 with the butt cap. They were out of the rifle I was wanting to see (Savage 10) but I was going to make the trip anyway. Most annoying part of the day was seeing some of the used rifles marked at close to their new MSRP prices.

As usual, the kids had a good time.

Can you update us on things out there? Is there ammo ect. Is it a worse than a normal Saturday?

mostly all ammo is gone....slim pickins. My sisters boyfriend picked up a benelli nova (3.5 chamber which i only thought came on super novas) which made us wait 6 hours for paperwork and background check. It was crowded more then usual. While waiting for the phone call we went to grab food across the street and a run over to walmart to see if they had any shotgun ammo and they were cleaned out as well.

I was at cabelas yesterday as well. It was crazy packed I guess because of the holiday. I got a case of shotgun shells for the next shotgun shootout, some slugs and some buckshot they had for $4 a box. Other than shotgun ammo and 7.62 rifle ammo they were picked clean. People were asking employees why all the ammo was gone and what's going on that it's being bought up so fast. Seriously people?? I wanted to ask: have you been paying attention to anything going on lately?? LOL

Just as an update I was in Cabela's on Friday 1/25/13 looking for ammo and checking their available varmint/target rifles. They had almost neither of both. Ammo wise they had nothing in .223 or .22lr. They had shot shell loads for 22lr but thats it. Shelves looked very bare all around. Honestly I've had better luck with ammo at Heritage Guild cause its not far from me at all and I know a few of the guys there. Its times like this when I really wish i had the space and time to reload my own.

I was at Cabela's yesterday and they were out of most everything. My son bought the last box of LR primers. No powders except some shotgun stuff. Barely any bullets for reloading in the common sizes. I was told that they had let the stock run down for inventory not anticipating the rush.

I went to Dunkelbergers afterwards. They had most of the common powders and primers they usually carry except no LRM's. And no 22LR at either place.