NJSlick

Just bought my 1st shotgun, 870 Express Tactical, Mod Recommendations?

Well the title of the thread pretty much sums it up.. Just bought a new 870 Express Tactical, what would you all recommend as some first mods? Thanks

After several hundred rounds down the pipe, I went through defensive shotgun class and decided to do some mods to improve performance, combat reload times, and/or decrease threat response times:

Stainless Steel Follower

Non-MIM Extractor

Tactical Jumbo Head Safety

6 RD Side Saddle Shell Holder

Tac4 4-Round Speed Stripper

I will be adding a picatinny rail section on the barrel for my light with a coiled cord and remote switch.

For more info... Optimizing the Home Defense Shotgun - By Chris Fry www.mdtstraining.com

Good luck, Slick.

After several hundred rounds down the pipe, I went through defensive shotgun class and decided to do some mods to improve performance, combat reload times, and/or decrease threat response times:

Stainless Steel Follower

Non-MIM Extractor

Tactical Jumbo Head Safety

6 RD Side Saddle Shell Holder

Tac4 4-Round Speed Stripper

I will be adding a picatinny rail section on the barrel for my light with a coiled cord and remote switch.

For more info... Optimizing the Home Defense Shotgun - By Chris Fry www.mdtstraining.com

Good luck, Slick.

Wow, thanks for the advice! Thanks man!

Get the Magpul furniture. It really is nice. I have it on mine. Fits like a glove.

8u5etuty.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

That looks badass! Hows the recoil after the new furniture? Difficult to install?

sell it and by a mossberg

jk

buy some buck, some birdshot and a few slugs and break her in!

I looked at the Mossbergs, but none were available. Found this 870 on a random search for some camo hoodies for my godson. Can't wait to take it to the range

BA/UU/R!

(Buy Ammo / Use Up / Repeat)

Your brain and training your muscles to load, shoot, safe, pump etc are the best accessories.

Yes sir!

Get the Magpul furniture. It really is nice. I have it on mine. Fits like a glove.

8u5etuty.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

+1 on thie Got mine last Saturday with the Marpul "trim"...Took all the butt extenbsions out (there were 4) amd it feels great swinging it around (I am 5'10" so your results may vary/keep some extensions in)..First clean this saturday (Rem-recommends a full clean) and then ist shoot next week or so.

Wow, thanks for the advice! Thanks man!

+1 on thie Got mine last Saturday with the Marpul "trim"...Took all the butt extenbsions out (there were 4) amd it feels great swinging it around (I am 5'10" so your results may vary/keep some extensions in)..First clean this saturday (Rem-recommends a full clean) and then ist shoot next week or so.

Check out this article too!

http://www.rem870.com/10_tips_building_tactical_remington870.pdf

2nd an aftermarket metal follower. My stock plastic follower was hanging up occasionally which resulted in shells not ejecting from the tube consistently. No problems since replacing it with a GG&G follower.

How easy is it to install that? Do I need a gunsmith?

How easy is it to install that? Do I need a gunsmith?

Nah. I took my entire 870 apart last Saturday for the first time. It was easy. There are plenty of videos on YouTube describing each upgrade and how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeJe0MUIa2Q