johnp

Buying a crate of Mosin Nagants

For a 1/4 split:

$600 for rifles

$100 for shipping

Then ffl fees.

So if we are at $800 per man, and my method below is acceptable, I would go in.

Only fair way to split guns would be a number system, like in gym.

Guy 1 gets 1, 5, 9, 13, 17

Guy 2 gets 2, 6, 10, 14, 18

Guy 3 gets 3, 7, 11, 15, 19

Guy 4 gets 4, 8, 12, 16, 20

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rough estimate on a crate.

Crate of 20 rifles=$2400

Truck freight shipping=~$400-Could be more, could be less. That is a rough estimate.

Transfer fee(s)=TBD

NICS=$15

To get them to an FFL we are looking at about $700 dollars a piece. Before transfer fees and nics, $140 per Mosin.

I thought about this a few years ago when IO offered crates at $60/rifle. I wish I would have now. I dont think it would cost $400 to ship a crate. I have shipped and recieved Motorcycle sidecars attached to the frame coast to coast for $500 or less and im sure they take up the space of 4 of these crates. I guess it depends on the route and if it is close to another stop.

I thought about this a few years ago when IO offered crates at $60/rifle. I wish I would have now. I dont think it would cost $400 to ship a crate. I have shipped and recieved Motorcycle sidecars attached to the frame coast to coast for $500 or less and im sure they take up the space of 4 of these crates. I guess it depends on the route and if it is close to another stop.

I thought about crates back when they were in the $80 range as an investment. Everyone seemed to think it was a poor investment as there are so many millions of mosins out there. Seems they were wrong.

I will consider it again. The RC 98ks are no longer existant and are commanding 2x-4x the old price. I am sure the Nagants wil have this happen sooner rather then later. I paid quite a bit for an early import marked and matching M38 and M44 Nagant rifle in excellent condition. I can see a regular 91/30 going for $300 or more in the next year or two.