Granby140@aol.com

Dissipatir question

I am in middle of a ar build. I have a delton 16in dissipator upper with a rifle legnth gas tube on it. I have heard conflicting reports on which buffers to use. I would like to put on a moe rifle stock on it and was wondering which buffer assembly would work best fr this. If anyone has another way to go id like o hear about it.

Well if your planning on using the MOE fixed rifle stock, you have to use an a1/a2 receiver extension (buffer tube) and that pretty much means you have to run the rifle buffer. Theres no other weights for rifle buffers like there is with the carbine length tubes where you can get the h1/2/3 etc buffers. Something I just remembered is that Spikes makes or used to make a spacer that fit in a rifle length buffer tube and allowed you to use a carbine buffer and spring, I dont know how well it works or if it causes any issues but it may be an option, Ill have to look and see if they still have it.

Found it http://www.spikestac...acer-p-709.html

Edited by alowerlevel

I am confused. I thought the purpose of a dissy build is to keep the rifle length fsp and a carbine/mid gas system?

Yeah I thought that too, but apparently del-ton thought differently. Must have an odd sized gas port to run reliably as anything other than a single shot.

The answer to the OP is if you are running an riffle length receiver extension, you use the rifle buffer. If it is undergassed, you can either get a lightweight one, or you can open it up and remove some weights. 1" delrin rod stock chopped is one of the better choices to fill in for the removed weights. 1" dowel will do, but it can take a beating in there.