Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Midwest Industries (MI) Customer Service Experiences?

Last week I placed a decent sized order with them for a rail system and a bunch of accessories. I think that I ordered about 6 different items, with multiples ordered of 4 of those 6. The order came to a few hundred dollars.

It said on their website to expect delays of up to 5 days for orders to be processed. No problem, everyone is going crazy right now with the current climate. I waited the 5 days, then forgot to follow up with them for another 3 days. Today I was planning on calling them, but I got an email stating that one of the items was out of stock, and they would process the order when it came back in (there was not a definite date given). The ONE item that was OOS was a sling mount, and accounted for a small portion of the order.

I emailed back to ask if they could process the order without that item and ship the mount at a later date, but did not get a response. I then called their customer service line and it said they are not taking phone calls please email them.

Have any of you ever had issues with this place? From my understanding they were supposed to be pretty decent.

Contemplating just cancelling the order and buying everything from Troy, who has provided me excellent service in the past.

Don't cancel, everyone is running at 120% right now trying to keep up with the demand. MI is a good vendor, I have several of their products and have dealt with them for the last 2-2½ years. I ordered a barrel from PSA on Jan 2. They say ship in 15 business days, I haven't heard anything yet but I'm not going to be an asshat and bust their chops when they are working their asses off to meet the demand.

I'd give them a little more time. I've never bought anything from them but I know they are a forum vendor on a few other forums and are relatively good with customer service. If you emailed them today, I would definitely give them a few days to respond.

I had an issue with my MI rail. Two of the polymer rail sections broke when I put on a VFG. I emailed them what happened and less than 10 minutes later I got a response from the owner Troy that there was a flaw with some of the rail sections and he'd mail me out upgraded replacements ASAP. 3 days later I had them in my hand. I'd say that's pretty damn good customer service. The upgrades he sent me were a noticeable improvement and I could easily see what the problem with the original was. I'd say give them a little time though. As others have stated companies that make AR products are completely swamped right now. I'm sure they'll get back to you. Part of the reason I chose MI was because I had heard about how great their CS was and my experience was even better than what I had heard.

Ok, knowing that others have had good experiences will help me give them the benefit of the doubt. I was just a little peeved when I got the email this morning (from a real person with a specific email address, not a generic customer service address), emailed them back right after, and then never heard a response.

I supposed this was more of a rant than anything else...

Understandable. Things are tough out there. I don't have money when stuff I want pops up and when I do have the money there's nothing to be found. Tough times for us gun owners right now. Hopefully it calms down soon, although I think that's just wishful thinking.

Don't cancel, everyone is running at 120% right now trying to keep up with the demand. MI is a good vendor, I have several of their products and have dealt with them for the last 2-2½ years. I ordered a barrel from PSA on Jan 2. They say ship in 15 business days, I haven't heard anything yet but I'm not going to be an asshat and bust their chops when they are working their asses off to meet the demand.

PSA seems to be right on schedule with the 3 week shipping delay. I got my order almost exactly 3 weeks after placing it, and 2 friends did as well.

I am not going to cancel my order, probably wouldn't have even if I didn't make this thread.

I was just aggravated that they would hold an order over 1 piece that represented a small fraction of the order.

Wanted to post an update. Still have not gotten a response to any of my emails. I sent two more in addition to the response I sent over on 1/31. They are also still not answering their phones.

If anyone needs anything in a certain timeframe, it is probably best to order it from somewhere else because they must be insanely backed up to not be able to reply to emails for weeks on end.

Yeah they're a good company but just overwhelmed right now and so is their system. My rail ended up being OOS and I emailed them to cancel the order and received response fairly quick. Was also lucky to get it from Brownell's before they sold out too.