Agent_Smith

Cuomo polling numbers

Sorry if this was already posted, but did you see the effect the gun-control law had on Cuomo's ratings:

Republican disapproval of New York's tough new gun-control law could be taking a toll on Gov. Andrew Cuomo, whose all-time high 74 - 13 percent job approval rating last month drops to a still-solid 59 - 28 percent in a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

Voters in non-gun homes approve of the governor 68 - 19 percent. Voters in households with a gun disapprove 50 - 40 percent.

Republican approval of the governor, 68 - 18 percent in a survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University on December 12, just two days before the Newtown massacre, is a split 44 - 43 percent today.

Democratic support, 82 - 9 percent in December, is 74 - 14 percent today. Approval by independent voters drops from 70 - 12 percent to 54 - 32 percent.

Women approve of Gov. Cuomo 64 - 23 percent, down from 73 - 12 percent. Men approve 54 - 33 percent, down from 74 - 14 percent.

The gun-control package signed by Gov. Cuomo this month goes "too far' in restricting gun owners' rights, 34 percent of all voters, including 59 percent of Republicans, say. The gun- control measure does not go far enough in protecting public safety, 30 percent of all voters, including 17 percent of Republicans, say. The measure is "about right," 30 percent of all voters, including 20 percent of Republicans, say.

Full poll here:

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-centers/polling-institute/new-york-state/release-detail/?ReleaseID=1838

This is why they had to pass it literally in the dead of night. Apart from the downstaters in lala land (NYC), New York State did not want this extreme measure.

Most of the people I know from NY are VERY pro-gun (then again, they live no where near NYC). Actually, the NY gun owners I know seem to be far stronger 2A supporters than many NJ gun owners.

I'm surprised though, that opinions on the measure are split in 1/3rds. I mean, if the usual standard of error is +/- 2-3%, those polls are all fairly even, I would have expected opinion to fall one way or the other.

So read another way, two-thirds of New Yorkers think the new gun regs are either fine or did not go far enough? Who the hell are they polling? Do they call in the daytime and speak exclusively to a bunch of welfare liberals parasites sleeping off hangovers?

I remember when I took Sociology, we talked about just how easy it is to skew data. If they polled heavier in southern NY figures like that make sense.

You have to look at what areas were polled, times of polling, methods of polling used, and who conducted the polling to be sure. Not to mention that it could just be the beginning of a trend, and opinions could swing one way or the other in a few weeks.

I would never want anybody to actually die of a massive outbreak of boils on their ass. But if somebody is going to die of such a cause regardless, I really can't think of anybody I would put ahead of Cuomo. Sitting on Bloomdouche's lap in a sauna. Just before it catches on fire.

It doesn't matter what these polls say.....people will still vote for Cuomo in the next election, and some of the votes will even come from gun owners who are pissed that Cuomo passed this law. Screw 'em.

Just like the same tools in NJ who continue to send Lautenmummy and Pedo Menendez back to Washington.