Sign in to follow this  
MedicYeti

Medical Coding and Billing?

One of my neighbors does it. She wanted the oppotunity to stay home and raise her sons. The company she works for demands that she is online and producing X billable lines per hour. They want her to do it 9-5. They literally call and ask her why nothing is getting done if she stops to deal with the boys for a bit and will not allow her vacation or sick time as they need to be fast to keep their accounts. I think the moral is that if you do it, you ought to find a company that will work with your schedule and allow for time off.

ETA: She hates it and wants to find something else, but with the cost of daycare she would be almost be working for free.

My wife did medical billing/insurance resolution for 10 years. She worked for two different doctor's offices until we had our oldest son in 2005. Almost all of the offices today contract these jobs out to services so it is not like it used to be. All of the people we know that work for these types of services hate them. My mother used to do transcription work, that is even worse today, most of those services are doing the work from India!