3 months is considered a success story in many parts of the People's Republic of New Jersey. If you live in Elizabeth or Paterson, you better have a lawyer on retainer.

yes, my FID and one purchase permit took 7 months in Bayonne. Kicking myself for not just getting the three P2Ps.

not true, they can get them in 2 days if they want. I have seen some towns take 3 or 4 days. Totowa is a good town and i see that as being very likely.

That's pretty cool -- residents of Totowa can legimately be inconvenienced by the 7 day waiting period between PTP application date and delivery date of the handgun as per NJSA 2C:58-2a(5)(a)! Great shoes to be in!

That's pretty cool -- residents of Totowa can legimately be inconvenienced by the 7 day waiting period between PTP application date and delivery date of the handgun as per NJSA 2C:58-2a(5)(a)! Great shoes to be in!

True. Takes longer to get the handgun after permit was issued on 2 occasions for me then it did to just get the permit Although about 6 months ago at least the call in check was done instantly now it's several days.

Jesus I feel so lucky Clark is awesome in this case. Only one month and a few days for my FID and one P2P. What the hell is going on in Cranford that makes it take three months...

7 months in Bayonne? Absolutely insane. I really can't see an excuse for that.

Just put in my paper work with the Kearny PD. Haven't applied for a permit in a couple of years and to my surprise my 2 references need to be notarized and my employer needs to fill out a form. Since when? Last time I applied my references didn't need a notary and my employer didn't need to fill out a form. I don't need my employer knowing my business outside of work. Is this the new standard that everyone is doing? Kearny PD has always been good and timely with my permits and the Chief is a good guy who always answered my emails quickly when I had questions. And the Detective gave me the forms to give to my friends instead of him mailing them out. While I don't mind doing that because at least I know they won't get lost the employer form is really bothering me. Is this the new way Jersey is treating us law biding citizens?

to my surprise my 2 references need to be notarized and my employer needs to fill out a form.

All illegal. If you are on good terms with the chief, I'd set-up a meeting and lethim know that they are in violation of 2C:58-3,f, by requiring notarization and the employer form.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

yes, my FID and one purchase permit took 7 months in Bayonne. Kicking myself for not just getting the three P2Ps.

I did the same thing. I put in for two permits with my FID card application. I didn't find out until after that you could renew for another 90 days or I would have asked for more. Luckily I went to my pd for a follow up on my ap and spoke to a very nice women about wait time for additional permits once I get my FID card. She told me that's she was the one who typed up the permits and I could add a few more if I gave her a check for $2 each so I added 2 more then for 4 total.