SkiingGunMonkey

Swapping floorplates on pinned pmag

Hey all,

I have a bunch of 15/20 pmags that are "pinned"/modified into compliance, but I was really hoping of swapping out the floorplates with optional ranger plates. Not sure how feasible this is or if anyone's done it. I've seen they made slide on ranger loops, but I was really leaning towards the floorplate.

They are supposed to be non modifiable to > 15 rounds, but hopefully being able to take the floorplate off doesn't change that. I have 2 from Midwest and the rest from riflegear.

The second you remove the pinned/glued original floorplate and have the parts available to make a non-compliant magazine, you are breaking the law in NJ. The task is definitely doable and rather easy to do on the PMags, but I would not convert them while you are in NJ. Go to a friend's house in PA and perform the work there. Once you're done and have repinned and reglued the ranger plates, bring them back over the border.