HODGIE

Shipping ammo to NYS

Anyone know is shipping ammo to someone in NYS is still legal?

As far as I know it still is as long as you are not in one of the 5 borrows.

Had a guy on gun broker contact me say he was a federal agent of some sorts that works in NJ

and lives in NY and wanted to know if I could ship to him. The whole thing sounds annoying to me.

I took this off centerfires systems current policy for shipping to NY.

New York (entire state) - No firearms or magazines of any kind. OK to receive ammunition.

New York City, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, & Queens - No ammunition, firearms

or magazines of any kind.

Acquaint yourself with Gov. Cuomo's new SAFE Act first. Technically, you have until January 14th, 2014 to ship/sell ammunition in New York. After that you need to register with the NYSP to sell ammo but buyers will submit to a background check.

Your present conundrum sounds like a situation I would avoid.

First of all, anyone should regard NYC as a completely separate country. Don't even apply NY State firearms laws there. They have had 5 round limits on rifle clips/magazines for a long time now but it's a stealth ban (every one must be registered and they don't register anything with more than 5 round capacity.)

If the guy is a Federal agent I would ask him for proof. I believe that law enforcement is/will be exempted from NY SAFE. But I still wouldn't be sure and probably not sell. If you're unsure of any of this I would just avoid.

First of all, anyone should regard NYC as a completely separate country. Don't even apply NY State firearms laws there. They have had 5 round limits on rifle clips/magazines for a long time now but it's a stealth ban (every one must be registered and they don't register anything with more than 5 round capacity.)

If the guy is a Federal agent I would ask him for proof. I believe that law enforcement is/will be exempted from NY SAFE. But I still wouldn't be sure and probably not sell. If you're unsure of any of this I would just avoid.

Just be careful who you deal with. This "Federal Agent" may just be looking to bust someone for not following every letter of the law, and make it look like more internet gun/ammo crime. And I don't blame them for trying. We do need to stop all criminal activity, but society is not tough enough to go after the criminals. We abide by the laws and we get screwed. Just a thought...

Sounds fishy.. Tell him to get his own ammo. If he's a Fed, let him get it his way. Why did he even bother telling you that?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple

Yeah I told him I need a copy of his DL that has to match his NYS address so he replies to me saying his DL is from SC

and this should not be an issue because Sportsmans guide ships it too him. Knowing that I wanted this document he goes

and bids on the god damn thing and meets the reserve. I told him I am not sportsmans guide, I dont have liability insurance

or a lawyer on retainer to keep me informed on all current MYS laws. I eneded up opeing a case with gubroker to see if

we can remove his bid if he is not outbid and if the auction ends and he is the winner that I will not be charged.

What a PITA this has been today.

Can't you just end the auction early?

Yeah I told him I need a copy of his DL that has to match his NYS address so he replies to me saying his DL is from SC

and this should not be an issue because Sportsmans guide ships it too him. Knowing that I wanted this document he goes

and bids on the god damn thing and meets the reserve. I told him I am not sportsmans guide, I dont have liability insurance

or a lawyer on retainer to keep me informed on all current MYS laws. I eneded up opeing a case with gubroker to see if

we can remove his bid if he is not outbid and if the auction ends and he is the winner that I will not be charged.

What a PITA this has been today.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...