Barms

Smith Wesson removes "sporting rifles" from its presentations..

I know the manufacturers are trying their best to keep up the fight.. but SWHC removed sporting rifles from its presentations..and replaced it with "M&P 10 rifles for the hunter and law enforcement".

i can't really blame them though.. i do think its pretty sneaky of them to put in "also accomodates 762"..

scroll to page 26 and 27..

SMITHWESSONHLDGCORP_8K_20130207.pdf

PLEASE fact-check before posting! S&W's invester presentation for 2013 follows the same format as 2012 and years prior. Ask an investor before you over-reach on an interpretation of a company's position that has been in the business of making firearms for 160 years...

Compare 2012: http://www.scribd.co...pt-2012-Ir-Pres

PLEASE fact-check before posting! S&W's invester presentation for 2013 follows the same format as 2012 and years prior. Ask an investor before you over-reach on an interpretation of a company's position that has been in the business of making firearms for 160 years...

Compare 2012: http://www.scribd.co...pt-2012-Ir-Pres

A little harsh, it was likely just an honest mistake.

After all, in these times, you never know what could happen! But it's good to hear they aren't removing them, and are continuing to support us.

It's an easy mistake to make I think... and everyone in the firearm community is jumpy and worried about what will happen to their rights. Anything that could be perceived as a lack of support from a company (particularly a big one with a long history, like S&W) could be worrying.

But yeah, thank God it's not the case, but OP don't feel bad, just rock a google next time.

A little harsh, it was likely just an honest mistake.

Respectfully, I disagree. There is much incorrect information being spread like wildfire. First the antis, but now amongst ourselves - that is not a good place to be if you plan to mount powerful arguments. Facts need to be checked because hearsay travels fast and then become scripture too easily in this day and age. I think S&W made themselves pretty clear when they pulled out of the PA show a couple weeks ago. We are going to need the industrial might from the likes of Remington, S&W, Ruger, Sig and all the manufacturers in the USA if this gets as ugly as Feinstein dreams unless the girth of the Red States put everything they have into an all-out battle. Shots are still being fired across bows, the big guns have yet to open fire... I truely believe government is poking with a stick and will not like what they awaken. The government is not even fathoming the depth of unintended consequences yet...

Hey NjCK. I AM an investor. The timeline on page 17 (I'm on my mobile might be different page number ) is missing in this presentation and it's been in all te previous ones. That timeline is where they show the 15 line of rifles

I am in investor, I read them all every single quarter

Mention of the mp 15, the 15 22, the 15 sport, the 15 whisper are all gone from the presentation it was in the prior ones

Respectfully, I disagree. There is much incorrect information being spread like wildfire. First the antis, but now amongst ourselves - that is not a good place to be if you plan to mount powerful arguments. Facts need to be checked because hearsay travels fast and then become scripture too easily in this day and age. I think S&W made themselves pretty clear when they pulled out of the PA show a couple weeks ago. We are going to need the industrial might from the likes of Remington, S&W, Ruger, Sig and all the manufacturers in the USA if this gets as ugly as Feinstein dreams unless the girth of the Red States put everything they have into an all-out battle. Shots are still being fired across bows, the big guns have yet to open fire... I truely believe government is poking with a stick and will not like what they awaken. The government is not even fathoming the depth of unintended consequences yet...

I agree. We in the firearms community have gotten pretty good at identifying and decimating traitors in our midst. S&W learned their lesson from the last go around with the anti-freedom groups, which almost cost them their business. Ruger too. No need to start launching an attack on a company over a misunderstanding; we need to be certain of the facts before lobbing any kind of accusations.

I think you're going to see a united message from the firearms companies and that none of them will attempt to "compromise" as they have done in the past.

We're in the fight of our lives, and so are the firearms companies. They know this and I believe they are galvanized like never before.

how this thread has morphed into what it has become is mindboggling..

NJCK i don't know what other facts you want me to check.. the page below that is always in their presentations is no longer in it. That is all.

post-5054-0-70183100-1360812562_thumb.jpg

i just thought the board would think it was interesting.. i don't know why the words "attack" and hearsay or misunderstanding needed to come up at all.

There is no misunderstanding. The slide is no longer in their presentations, it always was before.