Sign in to follow this  
HKHockey

Pinned Mag Reliability?

We all know we have certain *ahem* silly rules regarding magazines in this state. I was wondering if people have noticed any difference in reliability between the 20/30 body size in high round count mags of all types (GI/Magpul/Lancer/ETC) due to the block affecting the spring in a negative way. Asking because once this craziness dies down I will either be piling stacks of Magpul 15/20 or Magpul 15/30 P-Mags. Mainly because the exposed section makes it alot easier to grab from a mag pouch or from ripping it out of a magwell. Thank you for your input and time.

It depends on how the capacity is limited. Some methods compress the spring while others affect follower function. The mags I make have a block within the spring that engages the follower as it comes down to limit capacity without affecting the spring. The internal dynamics of a 15/20 or 15/30 PMAG I make should be the same as those of a factory PMAG.

It depends on how the capacity is limited. Some methods compress the spring while others affect follower function. The mags I make have a block within the spring that engages the follower as it comes down to limit capacity without affecting the spring. The internal dynamics of a 15/20 or 15/30 PMAG I make should be the same as those of a factory PMAG.

Very nice. When do you think you'll have them back in stock?

Very nice. When do you think you'll have them back in stock?

1. Rip out every month from a calendar

2. Attach said months from the calendar to the wall in a 4x3 or 3x4 arrangement. Ensure the months are not in order and randomly placed

3. Grab a dart

4. Wearing a blindfold, spin around 12 times.

5. Have someone face you at the wall with the months on it

6. Throw the dart

You have the answer I'd give you because I honestly have no idea :)

My issue with pinned mags is that you can't take them apart to clean them. Some of us like to play in the dirt and mud.

Hence why I plan on stockpiling and keeping known good separate and labeled from range only use.

@Midwest - I lolled. How far behind is Magpul now in orders? Has to be close to 1.25-1.5 million right?