kcl71

Response District 16: Assemblyman Jack M. Ciattarelli

Received following positive response today. Still waiting to hear from Assemblywoman Brown and Senator Bateman.

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for your email specific to gun control.

I do not believe we need new guns laws in New Jersey, because New Jersey

already has some of the most stringent gun laws in the nation.  I do

believe we need a national dialogue on tightening the flawed federal

background-check system (so, for example, gun show sales cannot exploit

any loopholes).  I also believe a dialogue on reforms specific to how we

should deal with mental illness, not necessarily specific to mental

health can gun ownership, is long overdue.

Let me also say that no legislation or gun controls will ever be able to

protect citizens from the most horrific manifestations of the type of

alienation, despair, and self-hatred suffered by people like Sandy Hook

Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza.  Only strong personal support

systems and community can.

I take the responsibility of representing you in the state legislature

very seriously and would be happy to speak with you personally on this

issue or any other.

Jack

Thinking about it, these are also the people we need to start not only writing to, but talking to and looking for how we can help them and let them know, we are here to support other that are like minded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh boy...don't think I am qualified to be a spokesperson. I finally said I've had it with the BS and it was time to write as well as donate to those fighting for 2a cause. The elitist attitude of many of our politicians as well as the attitude towards our constitutional rights being negotiable has to stop. I am very surprised that no one else received a personal letter from their assemblyman/woman. I realized after writing that Assemblyman Ciatterlli resides in the same town, maybe reason for response. That said, if anyone is willing to join me for a meeting I will try to contact him again.

I agree with you hd2000fxdl, maybe showing him support will assist in gaining support from those on the fence.

Oh boy...don't think I am qualified to be a spokesperson. I finally said I've had it with the BS and it was time to write as well as donate to those fighting for 2a cause. The elitist attitude of many of our politicians as well as the attitude towards our constitutional rights being negotiable has to stop. I am very surprised that no one else received a personal letter from their assemblyman/woman. I realized after writing that Assemblyman Ciatterlli resides in the same town, maybe reason for response. That said, if anyone is willing to join me for a meeting I will try to contact him again.

I agree with you hd2000fxdl, maybe showing him support will assist in gaining support from those on the fence.

Well if your uncomfortable, at least let Frank at the NJ2AS know and I'd bet he or someone else from the NJ2AS will. Also great you posted, there may be other in your area who would be more than willing to have a sit down with him.

Although the response is good I do see some flaws with it. for one thing, what is the "flawed federal background check system". If anything is flawed it is NJ's current system. and second he states that "no legislation or gun controls will ever be able to

protect citizens from the most horrific manifestations" Yes there is legislation that will protect citizens from these things and it is called RIGHT TO CARRY legislation and a strong castle doctrine! but anyway at least he was neutral.

Although the response is good I do see some flaws with it. for one thing, what is the "flawed federal background check system". If anything is flawed it is NJ's current system. and second he states that "no legislation or gun controls will ever be able to

protect citizens from the most horrific manifestations" Yes there is legislation that will protect citizens from these things and it is called RIGHT TO CARRY legislation and a strong castle doctrine! but anyway at least he was neutral.

Well if he's willing to listen, maybe it's a good time to educate.

Well if your uncomfortable, at least let Frank at the NJ2AS know and I'd bet he or someone else from the NJ2AS will. Also great you posted, there may be other in your area who would be more than willing to have a sit down with him.

New at this...if that is [email protected] I copied my original email and assembleyman's response to that address.