Sign in to follow this  
Old Glock guy

Cryan Op-Ed piece in the Bergen Record

From his re-election website

With our support and sponsorship, "Gun-free" and "weapon-free" zones were established around our schools to keep children out of harm's way

Tell me Mr. Cryan... how did that work out in Newtown ?

I went to ACLU-NJ website and filled out their form.

Basically I told them, regardless of their position on Second Amendment, ACLU's position on Terror Watch List is clear.

If they don't take a stand on the assembly bill, which has already passed committee and general assembly, their act of omission reduces their credibility.

Basically I told them, regardless of their position on Second Amendment, ACLU's position on Terror Watch List is clear.

If they don't take a stand on the assembly bill, which has already passed committee and general assembly, their act of omission reduces their credibility.

I visited the ACLU-NJ website and I didn't see a form that appeared applicable. Like many here, these bills disturb me from several perspectives.

BTW, I am curious as to who actually wrote these bills. Since many of our legislators seem to have difficulty speaking proper English, they clearly didn't write the bills. Or read them. Or understand them.

Incorrect. They don't have any credibility to start with, so it won't reduce anything.

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago on similar issues and didn't hear back.

Incorrect. They don't have any credibility to start with, so it won't reduce anything.

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago on similar issues and didn't hear back.

I try to remain hopeful that I will be surprised by the decency of people.

The form is called something like file a complaint. Basically you complain about a civil liberty infringement, and ask them for help.

Let's get those letters going. Here's what I just sent to the editor.

Mr. Cryan calls into question the common sense of his own Democrat block. He admits to recycling previously rejected bills that “have existed for years.” His “common sense” was rejected by his own party, because these bills are not just “imperfect.” Despite unassailably reasonable titles; on close inspection, they are fatally flawed and would produce unintended consequences undermining their stated goals. Their indefensibility was on display at last week’s Assembly meeting, where Assemblyman Carroll left sponsors sputtering in response to his pointed questions. You can watch the train wreck on Youtube.

Why does Cryan persist in pushing flawed bills? It’s plain politics. He gives Governor Christie the choice between being vetoing them, and being condemned for “not doing something,” and signing them, and sharing responsibility for ineffectual, expensive laws that will accomplish nothing. This is a disgusting exploitation, for personal gain, of tragedy.

Read the critiques under the online comments section. Ask your representatives-- particularly the sponsors of several bills Eustice and Wagner--to refute them. Ask why other, less sensational but more promising bills addressing non-gun issues can’t make it past Assembly President Oliver’s desk. If you get the same inadequate responses I’ve gotten, exercise “common sense” in November.