Sign in to follow this  
tony357

What to do with back logged orders.

I sent a message inquiring about an order i placed back in Jan.

The item still shows in stock, at the time of the order their was no posted message of any back logs on orders.

They now show a message of 12 weeks or more and only when you place an order.

This was my inquiry.. And i also sent my original order.

Good Morning,

I am inquiring about an order i put in in Jan. I would like to know the status of my order.

If you are really this far back logged may i suggest you hire more employees to make up the over burden.

Thank You

Anthony yagiello

they may take exception to your "suggestion" to hire more employees.. lol

fact is, even for items that were in stock (or ARE in stock) at this time, almost all places are so backlogged with shipping that its taking them an additional 3+ weeks to ship things out.. i've seen it on almost all sites i've gone on..

I have had several orders like that. Really, all depends on what the item is.

If it is something I know I need now - I leave it.

If it is something i want - I leave it.

If I have one, but know someone who needs one - I leave it.

Otherwise. I go out of my way to cancel it, and make sure you document everything in an email.

Personally I cancelled 6 backlogged orders. As someone who is a partner in a shipping and distribution business I sort of agree that temporary help can be hired to clear up backorders. We do so all the time and there are employment agencies that supply experienced people. I was buying my ammo from Lucky Gunner who ships next day. They are great but are currently out of a lot of ammo. Others showed ammo and guns as "In Stock" but upon questioning it seems that they actually mean that their suppliers had it in stock and they did not have it in their warehouse, if they even had a warehouse. As a former ecommerce business owner I have a pet peeve about online companies who sell things that they do not actually have possession of. It is not uncommon for a business to keep no or little inventory and use a distributor to fill their orders. So for some companies, in stock does not mean that they actually have it in stock. The attitude is to take orders because their is no downside. If they show an item out of stock they do not get the order. If they show it in stock there is at least a chance that they will be able to obtain the product from their supplier, have the customer wait until they get it or at worse not get it at all which is the same result as showing it out of stock. Some will not hire extra help as it cuts into their profit. Believe me, I have been in this business for 40 years and know all the tricks of the trade. Do you think Bud's Gun really has its own warehouses located throughout the USA and instead of shipping direct to their customer they incur the cost to ship from a warehouse in your state to their central warehouse where it is then shipped to you? I had it out with them about that and no one could give me an answer as to whether they actually owned the warehouses in the other States or where they simply gun distributors that they used like everyone else.

You must be waiting for something from Midway. I ordered some powder on Jan. 12th. When I ordered they said " ships in 3-4 weeks from manufacturer". After 3 weeks I inquired and see the same thing when it was available "ships in 10-12 weeks from manufacturer". I inquired as to my order that was supposed to ship in 3-4 weeks and pretty much got the "run around". Still waiting for that. Also ordered same exact thing from Grafs on Feb. 5th and they say it will ship next week.

I'll believe it when I see it. Oh, and Midway debited my credit card immediately too. Grafs did not and say they will when it ships. Waiting patiently for 16 lbs of expensive powder. Sure hope it is as good as advertised.

I have gotten things from Grafs, Midway, and Natchez......Grafs seems to be the most backed up but I did recieve an order from them yesterday, that I placed Jan 27.

I ordered a Lube and size kit from Midway and got it within a week...so I guess it depends...

...ordering reloading components mostly...not powder

Well the letter partially worked, 2000 bullets were released and 2000 put on back order.. I can wait for the other 2000 but said if i would need them soon to place another order 12-16 weeks out.. which does not make sense if i have 2000 on back order you would think that would ship before another order placed 2 months later.. :facepalm: