billmess

.223 pricing

Pre-inflation everyone used to say.... buy or build a .223 due to price and availability.

Do you all think there will ever be a day when this is true?

Will the .223 lose its appeal if the .223 rounds are just as expensive as .308 or other hunting rounds?

Or, will manufacturers pump out .223 at a much faster rate than other rounds, maintaining a larger supply and lower price?

Worst case scenario for us NJ people, the "internet sales ban" gets passed, and we have to buy ammo from brick and mortar stores. The prices will be higher than internet, but lower than the panic prices we see today.

Worst case scenario for us NJ people, the "internet sales ban" gets passed, and we have to buy ammo from brick and mortar stores. The prices will be higher than internet, but lower than the panic prices we see today.

Two words: Road Trip!

It's going to take longer than it should because of profiteering. Since it's been deemed "market price" by retailers and carpetbaggers on here, we are our own worst enemies since we pay the price they ask. If demand declines, availability will increase, and prices will fall.

Anything over 40 cents a round & I'll pass on it. If I can find it do can you just try harder.

40 cents a round will not be seen for a while so don't hold your breath! I am almost sure you want see it this WHOLE year. Just maybe after the summer time it might calm down. Good luck on that

what is a reasonable price for .223 ammo?

There is a "gun" show at the Jackson AMVETS next weekend, 3/17/13, and I don't want to pay too much.

Depends on the ammo. Asking for a reasonable price on ammo is similar to asking, "what's a reasonable price for a car?"