Sign in to follow this  
BossyMossy

Wilson Combat

Hi Everybody,

Some of you may know that I'm currently waiting on a couple of P2P's. In any event, I just finished on my AR, and have recently gotten the itch to purchase a very very nice 1911. I've looked at all of the well known "custom" companies, and I'm 99% sure that I've settled on Wilson Combat. I'd like to have a custom CQB. My question is, how do you guys go about doing this? Would i be ordering this firearm with the help of my local FFL? Again, i want a CQB, but i'd like to add some custom options (i.e. omit cocking serrations, add gold bead, add personalized engraving, etc.) to the gun. How would i go about doing that? Also, in your experience, how long does this take? If i received the P2P tomorrow, would I be able to receive the gun, with all the customization in place, within the 90 day period?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Michael

If your gonna build one, you are most likely going to need to re-apply for a permit. I was quoted 1 year wait this morning, and that is not definite. You can order through wilson, or there are 2 main guys I would use to save you some money. But it is still gonna take more than 6 months.

Another option is you can find one in stock, and send the slide to wilson to have your work done. This way you can use your permits.

Here is a classic in stock:

http://www.migunslingers.com/

I am waiting for for 2 pistols, already paid for, but my permits are going to expire before they arrive. So I am going to have to reapply for them.

Let me take this further. Is it worth the wait? What if i were to just get a stock CQB? Still over 90 days?

If you can find one in stock, no wait! Look at that classic, Its less than $3275 cash, and in stock. But I would jump on it cuz the 1911 forum guys are already talking about it.

There are really only 2 differences between a CQB and the Classic.

CQB has the fixed rear sight

Classic has the adjustable rear sight

CQB has the short recoil spring plug

Classic uses a full length guide rod setup.

You can find Wilson's here and there. Alot of times buyers back out and the gun will be sitting at the dealer. Thats how I got mine quick.

Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA is a Wilson dealer - you may want to check with them to see if they have any in stock. Still have to have it shipped to a NJ FFL, but the shipping + transfer will be far less than NJ state sales tax.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA is a Wilson dealer - you may want to check with them to see if they have any in stock. Still have to have it shipped to a NJ FFL, but the shipping + transfer will be far less than NJ state sales tax.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

$41 bucks is just an excuse to go say hi to Tony!

Nope..! But you will definitely ruin every other 1911 you get thereafter..!! LOL!

(Well, unless its another custom / semi-custom!) :girlwacko:

Yea you're right about that lol... I'll dump that cash into extensive training instead.

Would I be out of my mind to look at Wilson Combat for my first 1911?

You will never be able to fully appreciate the gun if it is your first. And if you don't have a lot of trigger time on a 1911 already, then you aren't going to see the accuracy benefits that a hand fit gun affords, either. I would suggest buying a higher end production gun that will hold it's value. Then when you are ready to get a Wilson, custom order one EXACTLY THE WAY YOU WANT. When the build is complete, you can then get good money back for the production gun if you don't keep it also.