Times to issue seem to be all over the map these days. I'm pretty sure there are a few other Parsippany residents on the boards so you might get some first hand experience.

That said they just dealt with NJ2AS for using unapproved forms (http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49741-8-more-towns-agree-to-comply-with-state-firearms-law/page__pid__655054#entry655054) so maybe they'll be leery of another smack down and get them out in a decent time.

I agree with DSD1206, different last name and you're probably ok. Same name not a great idea.

yes, you do. the mental health form needs to be filled out and signed in front of them (i believe). for an initial FID, you need:

FID Application (and fill in however many Purchase permits you want)

Mental Health Consent Form

DL in case they want to see it

Not sure if they will ask you to fill out anything more than that, my PD did not.. technically, they are not supposed to need more than that...

http://media.wix.com...fe5585c5e25.pdf

that will tell you what you need for Parsippany

actually, in reading that, it seems something isnt right. it tells you that you need to do an $18 money order to the NJSP for pistol permits, but upon your initial FID application, the fingerprinting takes the place of the $18 NJSP payment..

$18 Money Order made payable to “DIVISION OF STATE POLICE - SBI” (NEED FORM SBI 212A - REQUEST FOR CRIMINAL HISTORY)

this should only apply if you are getting pistol permits after you already have your FID.. if you apply for them at the same time, the $57 fingerprinting charge (you will pay that directly to the fingerprinting place) should cover that.

My town was very good and very quick, but one thing I was not prepared for is they wanted to see a utility bill to prove actually lived in the town. Not sure why my driver's license was not good enough for that. I went out to my car and brought in my insurance ID and car registration and they reluctantly said OK to that. Very strange. But I can't complain as they did everything in 28 days from the day I walk in.

wha??

you have to deal directly with NJSP in Millstone, dont you? you dont have your own PD.. that really sucks

Yes I do, no local PD. I am going on 12 weeks just for a change of address!

My cousin just asked me a good question. He wanted know if he should lie and say he isn't my cousin. I told him no, and not to lie. Will they ask him how he knows me and will it be a problem if he says he's my cousin? I keep very few people close to me and have tons of acquaintances but there are very few people I'd want to ask to be a reference on this. I know way too many liberal and anti-gun people.

I wouldn't worry either, I have used many of the same friends over and over and thay have also used me as well and never once have any of us been asked if we were related