eg6mick

Va and Az ccw online course

I was planning to do the Utah ccw class through gun for hire. But I'm hesitant because not sure if PA will do the same thing like they did with FL non-resident ccw and not accept them. I just got my FL ccw permit in January and February PA announced they will not accept those. Same thing with VA and AZ whose to say PA will not accept those too. Apparently they did this because PA residents that got denied the ccw permit were getting the FL one. So they wanted to stop that. At this point undecided

I took this online class a couple of weeks ago. You watch a 90 minute video and then take a 20 question test. After passing the test, I was able to print a training certificate for VA and one for AZ. The certificates have my name and are specific to the state they are to be used for. I e mailed AZ and was sent the application package via snail mail. I have yet to get finger printed to complete the process. It all seems legit.

According to the site's FAQs, both VA and AZ require fingerprints to be completed at your local PD.

Q. Do Virginia and Arizona require fingerprinting for their applications? If so, who does the fingerprinting?

A. Both Virginia and Arizona require fingerprints for the application. When you request an application packet from Virginia and Arizona they send you the fingerprint cards in the packet along with the application. All you have to do is go to a police station near you and they will do it for you. For example, in Utah (where we're based out of) the police station has certain days and hours they do fingerprinting and they charge $5 for the service.

Will local PDs in NJ do this? NJSP sub contracts FID fingerprints to a 3rd party and won't do those at the barracks.

I completed the class, took the test, printed out the certificate of completion, and emailed VA and AZ police departments.

Overall, the class was not too dry and informative, despite most of the content being obvious to a gun owner. He also includes information on how to contact the states to obtain the application packages.

With the course, the teacher also includes a free expert witness voucher, which he values at $3,400, if you ever get into legal trouble. Honestly, I think just the voucher alone is worth the price of the course.

Pretty decent and I would recommend the course.

Bill

I just completed the mini online course and test. Basic information - some minor blatant selling of some products from his website. Not badly done.

I emailed AZ and VA for the packet and I'm now waiting for that to arrive by snail mail.

any feed back on this course/application ?

The course was fine. Probably took an hour and a half to watch - not really sure of the time.

The applications from both states arrived by US mail after I requested them by email.

My local PD is the NJSP, they were kind enough to do the ink fingerprinting for me.

I'm ready to send in the applications this weekend. Glad I didn't. PA just dropped reciprocity with both VA and AZ non-resident permits.