Cemeterys Gun Blob

News You Can Use: Long Range for Dummies

I'm sorta interested in long range target shooting, but don't have a boatload of money, and not really in long range with a semi auto....but I did find this article kinda interesting......

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/28201/long-range-for-dummies/

You will see AR's at 300 shoots but they single load them anyway. Mostly bolt guns and mostly iron sights.

Expensive?? YES just the ammo. 60 or more rounds for score plus sighters.

However much fun and VERY challenging.

http://demigodllc.com/articles/practical-long-range-rifle-shooting-equipment/

I was looking up some ballistic information for .223 after reading the article in the OP, and came across a link to this article, a bit longer read and a bit more in depth in three parts, but still plenty of useful information on long range shooting, geared slightly more to people interested in long range shooting competitions.

I wish EFGA had a range over 100 yards long...this is something I do hope to get into in the future, and while I am still a newbie to it, I'd love to try my hand at 200/300+ yard shooting using the .223 (and hell, even .22).

Pretty funny, as I was reading the article I was thinking for a grand you can hammer 500 yard targets repeatedly. Then I saw the Remington SPS 700 tactical and that was the rifle I had in my head. Put a nice Konus M30 6.5-25 zoom for $325 and you are good to go!

That rifle rocks!!!

You can hit 500yd targets a couple of times over for $1000. I can do that all day with a sporterized Springfield 03A3 and Weaver K3 I bought for $300 with Greek surplus ammo. Better yet I can also do it with my Swedish Mauser and no name scope that cost me $75. Not as sexy as other stuff but it works.

great read!!! If i was looking at this type of setup its a good way to go. As of now I love shooting my K31 and other surplus guns out to 200-300 yards! besides I don't know of anyplace in NJ were you can go out any further than that. At least near me.