Sign in to follow this  
MedicYeti

Middle Township PD offering safety class

My local PD is offering a free firearms safety class to residents because of the increased permit requests.

I like the idea and I hope people take advantage.

In 2012 the Township did 242 background checks, When this article was written 2013 had 134 background checks.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/4977732/

Community

Middle Township Police offers free Gun Safety Course msg_expiration.png

The Middle Township Police Department is proud to announce a free gun safety course to our residents that will be held on Wednesday, April 24th at Cape May County Police Academy starting at 6:00 PM. The course will last approximately 2 hours and each registrant will receive a free gun lock. The Middle Township Police Department has been experiencing a significant increase in applications for Firearm Identification Cards and Permits to Purchase Handguns. In 2012, the Middle Township Police Department conducted 242 background investigations for Firearms Identification Cards/and or Permit to Purchase Handguns. In 2013, the Middle Township Police Department so far has conducted 134 background investigations with no sign of the volume slowing. At the current pace, the Police Department could easily conduct over 500 firearm background investigations in 2013. Middle Township Police Chief Christopher Leusner stated, “In my view, the more education a person can receive on the responsibility of owning a firearm the better. It is clear more of our residents want to own Firearms and this free course is a service I believe will be well received and attended”. If you are interested in attending the course, please call # to reserve a seat in the course. The course is only open to Middle Township residents and the number of attendees is limited to 98.