Sign in to follow this  
TR20

FID and 3 P2P's - Picked up today!

All,

I am very happy to say I received a call from the Toms River PD yesterday stating my FID and P2P's were ready to be picked up. It was around 3PM so I went down today and have them in hand now.

Total time for processing was a tad over 9 weeks.

Although I was frustrated during the wait, I can honestly say everyone I spoke with from day one until today was helpful and professional. Being new to this sport, I don't have the benefit of knowing how things were before the insanity struck.

That said, I have been told by several people in a position to know (and I believe) that the number of initial applications plus P2P's are at record levels since the words "gun control" came out of mouth of POTUS and the lemmings that support him. Bottom line, this will not calm down until the bills are voted on in both Congress and the individual states.

Regardless of where we find ourselves after the debates, votes are hopefully veto's have been rendered we will probably see a reduction in the madness and a reduction in panic buying simply because the issue will be decided....at least few years.

and since NICS is taking so long these days, make sure you ask the TRPD, when your permits are getting close to expiring, about extending that last one since you will never be able to use 3 in the 3 month time frame they give you..

DSD1026,

Thanks for the advice, I will most definitely need to get the third permit extended. I already spoke to them about extensions when I picked them up.

They said they do it right on the spot, just bring it in a few days before it expires.

All,

I appreciate your well wishes but my post was made back in April.  A new member replied to it now and that threw the time line off!

Truth be told, I already used the permits and re-applied for a few more.  I'll let you know if there is something specific I am looking for when I get the new permits.

If you run across a NIB 9mm CZ 75 SP-01 I would be interested.  CZ-USA tells me they are not going to come in until the 4th quarter and that estimate is dubious :(

Thanks

Tom