Sign in to follow this  
Smokin .50

IDPA To Return To Old Bridge (Outdoors) On Sunday April 14th!

It was just announced last night at the regular monthly meeting of the Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club. The League will be in the exact same calendar slot as before, on the second Sunday of every month, weather permitting. Plans at this time are underway, the League has been formally reestablished and help with Stage Building and Tearing-Down is always appreciated. I am NOT the League Chair, but I will do my best to be there to see it off to a successful re-start. As more info becomes available, either I or those doing the work will post more details.

Non-Member Match Fee should be the standard $20 for the day and Old Bridge Members should be only $5 (exact amounts TBD by League Chair).

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the Club, directions, rules, etc., but I am NOT the Match Director/League Chairman.

Thanks for your attention,

Dave Rosenthal

PPC League Chair

IDPA Shooter

The few times I made this match there were a few guys who shot this match with an AR so just wanted to see if that was going to be still allowed. I would like to shot an IDPA match with a carbine!! Thanks for bringing this match back!!!

Joe, I had NOTHING to do with the re-start! So you need to thank the League Chair (Bob) for steppin'-up.

Nick is correct--just hand guns for now! Let everybody "get their feet wet" runnin' a good Match before they try to complicate their lives even further.

What is really needed is folks to STEP-UP and build Stages and stick around after to break it all down! The main reason it "died" in the first place is that everyone just wanted to "Shoot and Scoot", so everybody please remember this and work to make sure that history doesn't repeat itself!

I may not even shoot the Match--not sure yet due to scheduling, but I will be there at some point, even if it's just to help tape & break it down.

This is good news. Will pre-registration be required?

It wasn't in the past, so for now I'd say you're O-K for this month's Match. I'd show-up to help set-up in the morning to ensure slot availability, and talk to Bob (the Match Director and League Chairman) to see what his plans are since I can't speak for him since it's "his baby".

Keep in mind since some clubs have stopped taking-in new members our club has been growing steadily. We probably have somewhere between 125-175 additional members since this League went on hiatus. Old Bridge's Leagues are run for the benefit of it's members, so IF there is a pre-registration requirement, OBRPC members get on the roster first. Just like American Express, membership has it's privileges.

did this go down?

Yes, of course! It was indeed a lot of great fun! Six Stages I think? Used my wife's Smith 586 revo with SWC in regular speed-loaders and pretty much kept-up with the other revo shooters.

Hope that you'll come try it next month!

Dave