NJGF

Glock 30 Gen 4 Failure To Go Into Battery

I took my brand new Glock 30 Gen 4 to the range today. I first cleaned and lubed the gun. I shot 100 rounds and probably had 5 failures to go into battery. I shot 50 rounds with the same Federal American Eagle 230gr FMJ ammunition that I normally use in my Glock 21 Gen 4 and another 50 rounds of Federal Premium JHP (first time using this). I have never had this problem in the Glock 21. One thing I noticed was that each time it happened it was the 8th round being shot. The slide was about 1/4 to 1/2" from fully closing. I dropped the magazine, racked the slide, and the unspent cartridge dropped out. I then inserted the cartridge in the magazine and was able to shoot the remaining two cartridges. Any ideas what could be causing this? I tried two different magazines and they both had the problem.

All this happened with the same magazine? If yes, take mag apart looking for abnormalities with follower, magazine body or possibly spring. Try different magazine. If it was happening with different magazines at the same 8th position, check them also, especially if they all were purchased together or were provided with pistol. This really sounds like a magazine problem to me.

Both magazines came with the pistol. I didn't have them with me today but next time I will try the 13 round magazines from the Glock 21 and see if I have the problem with them in the Glock 30 (they work fine in the Glock 21). Thanks.

So I tried again at the range today. The 10 round magazines still failed to go to battery on the next to last round (I had said the eighth round but it was actually the ninth round). I then tried the 13 round magazines and they worked perfectly in the Glock 30. I tried a number of times with only 3 or 4 cartridges in the magazines and the 13 rounds magazines always worked. So I guess the problem is the entire batch of 3-10 round magazines that came with the Glock 30. I will contact Glock and see what they say.

I received 3 new magazines from Glock in the mail. I took them to the range and have shot around 100 rounds through each of them using 3 different types of ammunition.

They ran flawlessly so I am a happy camper again :sungum:

The 3 original magazines must have been a bad batch.