SgtToadette

Who specifically can convert 30 round Pmags?

I hate myself a bit for posting this because I know the topic has come up recently. So I apologize in advance for being redundant.

I've tried reaching out to several vendors and see who can legally modify 30 round Pmags to NJ compliant 15 round magazines. It seems the magazine situation has settled down a bit and I can grab some off Gunbroker or whatnot no problem. The issue seems to be finding a vendor who can modify them.

For some context, I purchased my first rifle about a month or so ago and haven't been able to shoot the damn thing because I have no mags. At this point, I don't really care if they're Pmags or not. So long as they function reliably I'll be happy.

If you guys know any vendors who'd be willing to do the work, please let me know here. I haven't been able to find a solid answer to this elsewhere, so if it has been addressed already I simply failed in my search attempts. If that's the case, I again ask you to forgive my redundancy.

tl;dr: I want to buy mags off the internet but can't find anyone who can convert them.

Thanks!

I think Paul (PK90) pins mags.

Midwest PX is known for selling his 15/30 P-mags, I'm not sure if you can send him mags to pin though. Worth a shot asking if you can't find anyone local.

I think Paul (PK90) pins mags.

Midwest PX is known for selling his 15/30 P-mags, I'm not sure if you can send him mags to pin though. Worth a shot asking if you can't find anyone local.

I contacted PK90 first because I was satisfied with the work he did on my muzzle brake. He said he doesn't pin Pmags, but I never followed up and asked if he did USGI or other varieties of magazines.

I sent an email to Midwest PX a few days ago. Haven't gotten a response yet.

Pinning and blocking magazines is ILLEGAL. I do not PIN magazines. Please use different terminology. My magazines are "Permanently Altered" to follow the law.

That being said, 15 round aluminum AR-15 type magazines will be back in stock this week.

ETA: I will also convert 20 or 30 round aluminum mags for $10 each. Any other rifle mag is $20. Handgun mags are $10.

Pinning and blocking magazines is ILLEGAL. I do not PIN magazines. Please use different terminology. My magazines are "Permanently Altered" to follow the law.

That being said, 15 round aluminum AR-15 type magazines will be back in stock this week.

ETA: I will also convert 20 or 30 round aluminum mags for $10 each. Any other rifle mag is $20. Handgun mags are $10.

The aluminum 15 round mags are the ones I was referring to. Awesome mags!

I can speak for midwest px. Great fast work. I bought some pmags from someone on another forum and had them shipped directly to Midwest. He got them late on a Monday (like 6:00 our time) and i had them on Thursday. I would definitely go to him again when i need some more mags pinned.

Is it legal to buy a rifle online and have it sent to a pa ffl with 20 round mags? Then have them pin them and do the the pickup/transfer in pa?

Yes. As long as the "pin" meets the definition of "permanently altered". It could be a NJ FFL, too.

Yes. As long as the "pin" meets the definition of "permanently altered". It could be a NJ FFL, too.

so I can order any nj legal minus the mag? Ship it to a ffl who can permanent alter the mag and transfer to me? And I am good? If so this is so cool. So many guns I want with 17 20 round mags..

I contacted PK90 first because I was satisfied with the work he did on my muzzle brake. He said he doesn't pin Pmags, but I never followed up and asked if he did USGI or other varieties of magazines.

I sent an email to Midwest PX a few days ago. Haven't gotten a response yet.

Sorry if I missed your email. It wasn't intentional but likely slipped through the cracks as I try to stay on top of everything from emails to calls to orders to aftersale support, etc. Anyhow, my apologies.

Sorry if I missed your email. It wasn't intentional but likely slipped through the cracks as I try to stay on top of everything from emails to calls to orders to aftersale support, etc. Anyhow, my apologies.

It's no worries. It was literally only a few days ago. I don't pass judgement on emails, especially in recent months.

I absolutely love your mags! I recently got a total of 7 of them from here and can't say enough good things about them. I put about 700 rounds through all them (collectively) on Sunday and worked perfectly