Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

Selling ammo

Shawn ya big putz, (and I say that in a friendly way), ignore them. You're like a fooking magnet looking for rebuttal. Stay on topic and ignore the turds floating in the punch bowl and head directly for the beer! Geeze dude!

Now, for the record... This deserves a :facepalm: ... ;)

As stated before. It doesn't matter what I say. Some people have a problem with it.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Sure, now you want to put a capacity limit on facepalms...

You work for Uncle Joe? Lmao!

The face palm icon is definitely overused. It needs a one month sabbatical from this BBS.

What's an underused icon? This one. :santablack:

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I believe the ATF requirements for storing the ammo exceeded the normal safety and security functions of a normal house. Don't totally remember but when I got my C&R, the agent said local PDs won't allow it.

Unless you plan on renting out a storefront...then I'll be a customer.

Sure, now you want to put a capacity limit on facepalms...

You work for Uncle Joe? Lmao!

I think people should be able to face palm in a government owned theater but this here is a privately run saloon

Back on topic, it does sound like a major headache -- need a storefront to satisfy NJ requirements too, correct?

No the ammo distributor I know runs out of a house. He sells guns too. Doesn't stock em but will order em. Also the gun shop I use is ran out of a garage.

Yes, I dealt with an individual that sold on a mail order basis. I've also been on the road and GPS took me to someone's house that was also called Big Red's Guns N' Ammo. As long as ATF says your stock is secure, you should be legit. Think about blocking off a corner of your basement with cinder blocks and add a safe door. A relative did this as a walk in safe. He filled the blocks with quickcrete and some sort of fibers. Imagine 8" thick Durock.

With the easy part out of the way, next is the red tape and legalities.

No the ammo distributor I know runs out of a house. He sells guns too. Doesn't stock em but will order em. Also the gun shop I use is ran out of a garage.

i know exactly who your talking about. AWESOME little store. if you seriously get this up an running let me know, i will be a customer (i'm also in salem county)

What about supply and demand? Does that justify the high prices even from retailers in most cases? At this time, would you be able to still sell at pre-anti-gun crap prices even at bulk rates?

It would be nice. I'd be able to sell ammo pretty cheap. Right now its gotta be worth my time in just a few boxes. If I would buy a crap load it would drastically lower what I sell it for.

You're going to need zoning approval from your town before you can even apply to get a NJFL. If you're going to sell out of you're house, and it's in a residental zone, you will need to get a variance from the zoning board to run a business out of your house. This involves a public meeting, posting in the legal notice section of the news paper, sending meeting notification letters to your neighbors (usually anyone between 200-250' from you property line), possibly many multiple copies of a site plan, a parking plan for customers and employees and whatever else the zoning board determines is necessary to decide whether or not to grant you a zoning variance.

If you get zoning approval, you will then need to set up a business with the IRS and NJ. This includes business registration, a sales tax certificate, workman's comp insurance & payroll tax withholding (if you have employees).

You will also be subject to NJSP audits and inspections of your business location.