Sign in to follow this  
Albanian

Would appreciate some advice... should on bid on this SKS?

I'd really like an all matching Albanian SKS with a decent stock wood frame and that is still in working condition and can be fired (of course I'd still have it examined by a certified gun smith first anyway).

My knowledge of rifles (especially older ones) is not all that good.

It seems like this Albanian SKS is actually pretty good. I've been waiting patiently for a good one to pop up. I just don't want to buy it and it not work or something, I could just return it I guess but still.

What do you guys think?

I don't think it's the great deal but then again it's hard to find an Albanian in a decent shape. as I recall they didn't manufacture a lot of them and some were destroyed in 1990s. so if you are willing to pay the price than def go for it esp since there is a "special" connection between you and this sks :)

the only issue I see with it >>> it's a collector's item so I would advise against modding/ changing it in any ways or even shooting it a lot. just buy a cheap Yugo or Chinese for that....

there are some cosmetic differences between the Albanian and other sks's. on average they are "better" . however it's an sks so it's all relative :)

albanian are one of the rarer sks's they can sell for more than others

its mostly matching and looks to be in great condition

its from 1970 and there were approx 2970 manufactured that year

I would buy it, be warned it will go up in price before end of auction

http://www.yooperj.com/SKS-24.htm

Good news guys I was able to aqcuire some money and placed my bid on the SKS. Hopefully I win this.

I have a question though. Does he have to transfer through an FFL as well? Apparently every FFL in NJ requires that the gun be sent from an FFL as well. Is that federal law or just state law?

Furniture and firearms depot in Mt bethel has a couple of them on the shelf. One is even carved up with some trench art. Look him up for his number, and I think they were $450~

Furniture and firearms depot in Mt bethel has a couple of them on the shelf. One is even carved up with some trench art. Look him up for his number, and I think they were $450~

Just called them and if this bidding gets too high on the one on GunBroker I will probably stop by there to check them out.