MonmouthShooter

Noob question, never shot a shotgun before.

Got to test-fire my shotgun yesterday! Took it to brick armory, hung a paper target, ran it back to 15 yards, took a shot :)

Blew a 10' hole right in the middle of the target!

The only shells I had were 3 1/2 inch 00 buck. I did not expect the gun to kick so hard. Almost knocked me on my ass! I need smaller rounds!

Got to test-fire my shotgun yesterday! Took it to brick armory, hung a paper target, ran it back to 15 yards, took a shot :)

Blew a 10' hole right in the middle of the target!

The only shells I had were 3 1/2 inch 00 buck. I did not expect the gun to kick so hard. Almost knocked me on my ass! I need smaller rounds!

Lol that's like the hardest hitting 12g round possible

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Lol that's like the hardest hitting 12g round possible

Yeah, I found that out the hard way! LOL. They guy at Cabela's told me to grab those shells when I was buying the shotgun. Nice sense of humor! Like I knew any better...

I have a couple of boxes of 2 3/4 00 buck on order. Hope they hurt less :)

Yeah, I found that out the hard way! LOL. They guy at Cabela's told me to grab those shells when I was buying the shotgun. Nice sense of humor! Like I knew any better...

I have a couple of boxes of 2 3/4 00 buck on order. Hope they hurt less :)

Well, at the very least, those 3 1/2 inch shells will toughen you up. When you put birdshot in there, you'll be able to shoot all day.

Hey Monmouth,

I am also from Monmouth County.. Maybe we can all organize a shotgun shootout somewhere closer to here for folks a bit further south.

If you guys set one up for July or so I'd be intrested can't shoot till then. The only shorty I have I an old 16 gauge bolt mossberg with a select a choke on it use it for trap though I could bing that and some 12 g ammo if others would let me try their guns

You can shoot mine all day if you supply the ammo.  I have a smooth bore 20in barrel and a rifled barrel as well..

I cant imagine the recoil on the 3 1/2in shells.  2 3/4 is enough for me lol...

I have yet to shoot anything besides buck and slugs tho, im sure the target loads arent nearly as bad.

I would really like to get another barrel for trap/skeet but thats gotta wait until after the wedding and the fence project...

Actually, i wonder if anyone would be interested in trading a longer barrel for my rifled barrel, maybe i should make a WTT post.

If we do a Monmouth / Ocean central NJ meet up, I will gladly bring my Magpul Remington 870. I have some buck and #8 shot too.

The next shootout a tomorrow anyone interested should come