ogfarmer

New Jersey hoarder found dead, mummified inside own apartment

Oh my goodness, what is wrong with these people, She was buried in the filth and no one could find her until they started to clean out apartment.

New Jersey hoarder found dead, mummified inside own apartment

Published April 18, 2013

Associated Press

NEW MILFORD, N.J. – Two months after being reported missing, a New Milford woman was found dead in her trash-strewn apartment, her mummified body hidden beneath clothing and debris that had apparently concealed her presence during earlier searches, authorities said.

Alice Klee, 68, was found on her bedroom floor Friday by her landlord, who was there to open a window after getting court permission to clean out the apartment, said Police Chief Frank Papapietro.

"It was by chance that he caught her hair sticking out under the debris," Papapietro said Monday.

The medical examiner's office determined the woman died of natural causes, the chief said.

Family members, New Milford police and other agencies including animal control had searched Klee's apartment multiple times during the past two months, he said.

Papapietro, who had also visited the apartment the first time police went there, said so much debris was piled up, officers could not make their way fully inside.

"Clothes, garbage, trash, cat feces, cat urine, it was just horrendous," Papapietro said.

Klee lived alone in the cramped apartment with her cats. Animal control had to set up traps to find some of the cats among the debris, the chief said. One was found dead.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...e#ixzz2QsgAceAy

You should see some of the houses I have to go in. Disgusting doesn't cover it. I was in one the other day for a burglar alarm call. It was so nasty, the jackass that forced the door left without taking anything. I had to literally crawl over bags of garbage, old pizza boxes, old, rancid, empty milk cartons to check the house. 3 stories and a garage I had to check with my partner, and I never saw the floor through the mess.

This happens all the time. You would be surprised at some of the "upstanding pillars in your community" that live, and die, in filth like that.

The best one is I found one guy mummified and frozen to his floor in 12" of ice after reports that there were burst pipes in an allegedly "abandoned" house by his neighbors. There were newspapers and magazines stacked all over the place, making these neat little walkways from bathroom to bedroom to kitchen to TV room. Every other flat surface was coved in stuff. When we finally found him, he was literally in a block of ice, like in a cartoon. When he was thawed out at the ME office (I got to go to the autopsy) he looked like one of the National Geographic mummies they found in the mountains in Chile or Peru, only he was wearing blue jeans and a red flannel shirt.

I bet the cats nibbled on her.

man high exposure, thats some crazy stuff

we got a house like that here, you can tell from the outside the insides are bad. They have 5 gallon buckets all over the front yard, probably filled w/ feces and piles of used what looks like depends diapers in piles. Piles of trash all around

The nice house next door was for sale and I don't even know how the people ended up selling it.

Heh, guess that place was way below the burglar's standards... Yeesh... ;)

This still tops some of the crack houses I've seen. Unreal...

You should see some of the houses I have to go in. Disgusting doesn't cover it. I was in one the other day for a burglar alarm call. It was so nasty, the jackass that forced the door left without taking anything. I had to literally crawl over bags of garbage, old pizza boxes, old, rancid, empty milk cartons to check the house. 3 stories and a garage I had to check with my partner, and I never saw the floor through the mess.

This happens all the time. You would be surprised at some of the "upstanding pillars in your community" that live, and die, in filth like that.

The best one is I found one guy mummified and frozen to his floor in 12" of ice after reports that there were burst pipes in an allegedly "abandoned" house by his neighbors. There were newspapers and magazines stacked all over the place, making these neat little walkways from bathroom to bedroom to kitchen to TV room. Every other flat surface was coved in stuff. When we finally found him, he was literally in a block of ice, like in a cartoon. When he was thawed out at the ME office (I got to go to the autopsy) he looked like one of the National Geographic mummies they found in the mountains in Chile or Peru, only he was wearing blue jeans and a red flannel shirt.

I bet the cats nibbled on her.