Sludog

Anyone have a Sako rifle?

I just came across this brand and was wondering how they shoot. They are pretty expensive and hard to come by but I saw the Sako Quad could be had for around $750. (when it comes back in stock) I was looking at the "hunter model" online which has the sights on it. This gun intrigued me with the interchanging small caliber barrels with just one screw loosened. Any good or just an expensive gun from Finland?

I own a quad, sold most of my other .22s off and kept it. I own the whole barrel set but my .22lr barrel gets most of the use. Extremely accurate rifle, quality built.

Very nice. The only compaint I have seen about the quad is when switching barrels you need to zero in the scope every time. This wouldn't affect me at first because I plan to use non optic sights to start with. I can't seem to find the 4 barrel set anywhere. When and where did you buy it? How much did it cost you?

Seems like now would be the perfect time to have such flexibility in ammo with the current shortages we are having.

I also saw the CZ that swaps out barrels but you need to remove like 10 screws to do it. I love the quad because it is only one screw to remove the barrel.

I just bought a used TRG-22 but have yet to shoot it. The guy I bought it from was a retired LE sniper and this was his service rifle. He had great things to say about it. I'll post a range report if I ever get to shoot it. As an FYI, they are owned by Beretta now. Most perceive that as a mark against them.

I just bought a used TRG-22 but have yet to shoot it. The guy I bought it from was a retired LE sniper and this was his service rifle. He had great things to say about it. I'll post a range report if I ever get to shoot it. As an FYI, they are owned by Beretta now. Most perceive that as a mark against them.

Congrats, that is one serious .22 rifle. Looks wicked. Beretta bad, Why? I thought Beretta was a reputable company. Is it a quality control issue?

Congrats, that is one serious .22 rifle. Looks wicked. Beretta bad, Why? I thought Beretta was a reputable company. Is it a quality control issue?

LOL...My bad. Didn't realize you write talking 22cal. Mines a 308. The Beretta comment was just from my reading of forum threads by Sako owners. I've shot Beretta shotguns for 35 years and can't say anything bad about them. Maybe the Finn's are just pissed :D

There was a lightly used Quad w/ barrel set at Lou's in Raritain about a month ago for @ 1200 which seems like a good price considering the barrel set alone on gunbroker was over $1200 at that time.

Sent lou's an email but no response yet. I did not see one on his online inventory but I don't know If this is updated. Maybe they are closed on Sunday. I searched the web and nobody had a set for sale. At least this gives me time to save up some cash if one comes along.