NJSigfan

Looking for help in confirming my set up is correct...

Hello all -

I'm looking for some local help in confirming I've set up my press correctly. It's a new lee loadmaster and currently set up for .45acp. I have tumbled brass, unique powder and small pistol primers for the brass with smaller primer pockets.

Items I'm unsure of are :

which powder disc to use with unique. Will eventually have/use w231 but unique was the only thing in stock.

Confirmation that dies are set up correctly (currently 3 die set up)

Any useful tips I can use for when I begin doing 9mm would also be appreciated.

I can offer a Case of beer and box or 2 of ammo.

Thanks in advance.

Gabe

Here's a good site for Lee press info, http://loadmastervideos.com/

thank you for the video links. I will take a look tonight

I'm in Ringoes and hunt in Pittstown. I have been reloading for about 25 or more years. Would be glad to help a fellow reloader. PM me if you want to meet up.

Thank you for the offer. PM inbound

I have a loadmaster and enjoy it, I took out the primer die and I hand prime the casings and then load into the tubes. I found the priming systems on all the progressive lee presses to be troublesome, its a little more prep but pre priming helps me get the job done faster overall.

here's a nice PDF that summarizes that Lee loading discs powder throws. It's not 100% accurate, in my experience depending on the powder (ball, vs flake, etc) it's about 80-90% there. Pick the hole that's closest to your needed charge, run about 10 cases, weigh them and take the average. It'll be +- .1 gr for ball powders and a little accurate for flake.

http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/AD2302.pdf

Also, I'm a little far from you but you want help with your setup, you can PM me or send pictures and I can help out.