BrianN

Barrel Cut and Recrown

Can anyone recommend a reputable gunsmith in northeast NJ who can cut and recrown the barrel on my mosin and reattach the front sight? It has a fairly deep counter bore and I wouldn't mind a slightly shorter barrel as it's about 4 miles long on the 91/30. If anyone has a general idea of what the price would be that would help too. Thanks

my camera is currently on loan to a friend, I will post pictures when i get it back. I've searched this thing high and low hoping for an ex-sniper! haha, but I'm pretty sure it's just a nice example of an hex receiver 91/30. A few extra eyes giving it a once over couldn't hurt though. Anyone have an experience good or bad with Adco and G&S Hunters in Paterson. Patterson is a pretty short drive for me.

For the price you are going to pay to cut, recrown and remove/restake the FSB you can buy a new rifle. The accuracy you are

going to gain from it is going to be minimal at best. Your money would be better spent on a Chinese T-53 they look like hell but

95% of them have excellent barrels and very smooth actions they make excellent shooters and can be found between $99 and $150.00

for a nice example. It also saves the Hex rifle from being cut and devalued.

Can anyone recommend a reputable gunsmith in northeast NJ who can cut and recrown the barrel on my mosin and reattach the front sight? It has a fairly deep counter bore and I wouldn't mind a slightly shorter barrel as it's about 4 miles long on the 91/30. If anyone has a general idea of what the price would be that would help too. Thanks

Bob White at Shooters Corner in Lake Hopatchong