silverado427

Primary arms micro red dots

I was looking into this  for when i eventually get an AR as i have no business spending hundreds of dollars on any optics...ever haha. I wonder if there is a thread with reviews comparing it to others in its price range. It seems like a viable option for target shooting. would this site be effective on an HD rifle.

Buy Once Cry Once, ESPECIALLY When it comes to optics, Where there is In Fact, a HIGH rate of breaking/failing in cheap /cheaper/ cheapest products AND you really can see the quality when you finally do get to the top-of-the-line or should I just say, High Quality optics....

However, Primary Arms is the generally-regarded-best-of-the-rest when it comes to value optics And especially their micro-dot line is universally regarded.  If I did not have Aimpoint Micros I would use Primary Arms.  My ONE thing I'd be worried about is recoil on a 12 gauge ( I use Aimpoints on my combat shotguns ) but its generally accepted that it's all good, they hold up.

You could do a LOT worse than Primary Arms and their people are probably the nicest to deal with, I have spent 30 mins on the phone with them at MORE than once occasion just rappin back and forth about stuff.

Having said all that, Aimpoint and or EOTech (And of course Trijicon/Meprolight etc. ) are among the best and you'd love them but hey, they're $400 minimum to $650, not $100.

Ive used several of the Primary Arms red dots and currently have one attached to my AK variant. They are well built and you will be quite happy as they do hold zero and take abuse well. They certainly arent eotech, but im highly satisfied for a budget item. And despite my use of eotech and aimpoints, for a red dot im going to stick with primary arms until i build i a higher end AR.

this response was extremely informative thank you. Given my budget for one pistol and one AR will be 1500 max i will not be able to spend a heap on optics. But this gives me a great alternative. Sorry for the partial thread jacking OP haha

In that case, my advice would be to do without an optic for however long you have to save up for a quality one. It will give you the opportunity to get good with iron sights. You should be able to hit man sized targets at 300 yards (or further) Don't let your optic become an impediment to becoming a good shooter.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

In that case, my advice would be to do without an optic for however long you have to save up for a quality one. It will give you the opportunity to get good with iron sights. You should be able to hit man sized targets at 300 yards (or further) Don't let your optic become an impediment to becoming a good shooter.

While I do agree that you should be proficient (sp?) with irons first, one of the reasons I bought a PA micro was to see if I liked that style red dot before I dropped the $400+ on an Aimpoint (still havent bought an Aimpoint).  While the PA is a good sight for the money I wouldnt depend on it in a situation where your/others life my depend on it (SHTF, HD, etc) it may hold up or it might s**t the bed when you need it most, but for a fun/range/plinker Id get another one.

this response was extremely informative thank you. Given my budget for one pistol and one AR will be 1500 max i will not be able to spend a heap on optics. But this gives me a great alternative. Sorry for the partial thread jacking OP haha

While I do agree that you should be proficient (sp?) with irons first, one of the reasons I bought a PA micro was to see if I liked that style red dot before I dropped the $400+ on an Aimpoint (still havent bought an Aimpoint). While the PA is a good sight for the money I wouldnt depend on it in a situation where your/others life my depend on it (SHTF, HD, etc) it may hold up or it might s**t the bed when you need it most, but for a fun/range/plinker Id get another one.

Both valid points. I think your right about working on proficiency with iron sights first. I have a hell of a wait until this all happens anyway. Great i fo al around

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

If you were referring to me and my response, it was my pleasure and happy to hopefully help you.

Very nice little optic, and very nice price, and DEFINITELY The best of the $100 scopes, Cheap scopes perform just as they sound, Cheap.  I bought two NcStar red dot type sights in 2010... And I then bought two MORE Red Dot sights a few months later, because both broke.  Lesson learned.

NOT EVERYONE Can afford a $400 Aimpoint PRO, or an EOTech 512 (its the cheapest and also the lowest ranking EOTech) nor a $500 fiber optic & Tritium Mepro M21 or Trijicon Reflex (VERY Nice sights).... BUT IF YOU CAN SQUEEZE THE CASH, Do it , because you have a Decade or more of use AT LEAST< rather than a cheap sight for a short period of time that you get limited use for a limited time and then spend more of your limited money.

Vortex sparc or vortex crossfire anyone?

I love my sparc

I prefer the sparc.  I have a PA multi rec RDS and I like the reticle better but its pretty heavy.  I used the Sparc for my lightweight AR and it fits the role very well.