Howard

Looks like CA is even dumber than NJ

Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/18/5430874/calif-law-takes-effect-on-microstamping.html

Any new model of semi-auto gun sold in the People's Republic of California must now stamp the make, model and serial number on each casing it fires.  Evidently there are 1,200 semi's in the current database and they are exempt.  I guess this means those in California will never be able to buy a new model of a gun as what companies are actually going to implement this in their guns.  I guess the dumb lawmakers have no clue that people reload casings either.  What are they going to do when they find a casing at a crime scene that has two, three or more stamps on the casing.

I don't think its dumb like a fox Bob.  It only bans new models not existing models of a gun.  So if Glock came out with something called a G222 it would have to comply, but they can sell a G22 there without the modifications.

Huh? are you saying to think this is a worthwhile piece of legislation? regardless of whether a manufacturer can get around it by playing name games with a particular model, this law stinks.

I think they aren't dumb. They know this will ban guns by attrition. They want a total ban without the ire of the SCOTUS so they're doing this creatively.

out of all the dumb CA law, one of the dumbest one is the so called bullet button mag release...

what does that really accomplish besides make gun owners life harder?  on the other hand, it does create sub market and ppl making good money by selling this...LOL

79358966kf4.jpg

out of all the dumb CA law, one of the dumbest one is the so called bullet button mag release...

Prevents rapid mag changed.

what does that really accomplish besides make gun owners life harder? on the other hand, it does create sub market and ppl making good money by selling this...LOL

what does that really accomplish besides make gun owners life harder? on the other hand, it does create sub market and ppl making good money by selling this...LOL

Prevents rapid mag changed

BTW, they're trying to ban that too

Sooner or later there has to be a court that will put this ignoring and persecution of the second amendment on ICE.

I mean it's in the Constitution"Shall not be infringed" . It seems like the lib's are running wild with no court stopping them .This is crazy

Huh? are you saying to think this is a worthwhile piece of legislation? regardless of whether a manufacturer can get around it by playing name games with a particular model, this law stinks.

No I think it is stupid legislation.  I was commenting that Bob stated it was dumb like a fox.  I don't agree, as it really does nothing but require this technology for all new models of guns - not existing models that are in production or will be produced in the future.  Thus, it will be legal to sell a new Glock G17 for as long as Glock continues to manufacture the weapon.  It will only be mandated on a newly designed model.  The issue is what does this really accomplish.  I am sure the bad guys will file off the serial number that the etching device will stamp on each casing anyway.  Just plain stupid.

Sooner or later there has to be a court that will put this ignoring and persecution of the second amendment on ICE.

I mean it's in the Constitution"Shall not be infringed" . It seems like the lib's are running wild with no court stopping them .This is crazy

I hope and I'd the makeup of the court were a bit different I would share in your optimism. But i have a feeling we will be seeing more like the wise Latina on the court.

There is more dumb in California. But there is more dumb per square mile in Jersey.

True that. New Jersey has a population density of 1,205 inhabitants per square mile versus California's 244.2 inhabitants per square mile

But the dumbest place in the country must be the District of Columbia with 10,357 inhabitants per square mile and at least 100 times the dumbness-density of even NJ.

Prevents rapid mag changed

BTW, they're trying to ban that too

so the criminals in CA only run around shooting people with bullet button equipped rifles now? 

it goes back to my point, what does that really accomplish besides making gun owners life harder?