mag1

Looking for Education on Dillon XL 650

What exactly do I need for a Dillon XL 650. No dies are included. I didnt order any options.

I have one on order finally.

I want to reload .45, 9mm. .38 super, .223, and .308

I havent read any books or any threads yet about it. That will start probably next week.

Im guessing supplies are still scarce, but I am in no rush.

Joe, I have a Dillon 550. If you want to learn how to reload for pistol, give me a call and I'll try to work something out where I can show you. In the meantime, order the Lyman reloading manual off of amazon.com and start reading. They are a great start.

Joe, I have a Dillon 550. If you want to learn how to reload for pistol, give me a call and I'll try to work something out where I can show you. In the meantime, order the Lyman reloading manual off of amazon.com and start reading. They are a great start.

Thank you

Forgot to add...... Get a primer flip tray and you will also need small and larger primer pickup tubes.

It comes with one each small and large primer pickup tubes.   But yes, you want the flip tray.  The cheap plastic ones work fine.

Don't forget the conversion kits if you get all those dies. I also bought extra tool heads with the powder tube and stand. Set up your dies once and done.

Cover, very important.

Spare parts kit as well..

thought about ordering primers yet?  I'd do it now!  All this equipment will be worthless without components.

Bullets are getting easier to find, but primers are still scarce. You will need to choose what powders your going to need too.

also look into wet tumbling over dry tumbling -- when I started it wasn't a real option but now I would never buy into dry tumbling 

Remember - its a hobby within a hobby - enjoy it - its supposed to be fun - read all you can and take your time