vladtepes

just a little clarification...

Man, I feel for mods on forums. 

I just love it when people break out the first amendment argument. Forget that this is a private venue, and by agreeing to participate here you agree to certain terms of behavior. 

The first amendment does not guarantee you that anyone has to listen to what you say, agree with you, or protect you in any way from repercussions from your statements. 

Man, I feel for mods on forums. 

I just love it when people break out the first amendment argument. Forget that this is a private venue, and by agreeing to participate here you agree to certain terms of behavior. 

The first amendment does not guarantee you that anyone has to listen to what you say, agree with you, or protect you in any way from repercussions from your statements. 

I agree with what you say, and I think more good behavior is a good thing. BUT, I do not see the "rules" of respect being applied in an even manner - just IMHO (so in this scense, I think the Mods have more HW to do)...I do think most folks here show respect for other; I also see a small handful of folks, that do not. I have no problem with these Clowns, I can give as good as I take. But, when the Clowns start the inflamitory remaks, most people will react in a like maner (and I do not blame them), then usually the posts get derailed. -Then it becomes a very unproductive converation.......I certainly do (not) know anything about the On-Line-Forum business, but a 1% participation rate (vs all visitors) sounds low to me. And I would guess Max makes more $$$ from ads or whatever based on visitors and participation rate. I am also guessing that the low participation rate may be due to some of the nastyness shown by the forementioned Clowns...(As an aside, my frame of reference are some of the other gun-forums I frequent: e.g., 1911, M1a. XD-talk. I just don't see the level (not even close) of "disrespect" (for lack of a better word) which shows up on the NJGF frequently...Just IMHO.