Absent Anima

Ammo Tips Hardware

Was at tips hardware earlier today, shelves pretty full off ammo. 1 brick limit on 22, had standard and high velocity for $39 a brick, 2 box limit on handgun rounds, and plenty of 223, 308, and 7.62x54r. Added bonus they had plenty of ARs on display for sale including a Kris Vector and a treat from Armalite up top that i dont recall seeing there in the past. Paid normal price for the handgun rounds, $22 /box of 50 40s&w

$22 for a box of .40 S&W .. so I guess $25 for a box of .45 ACP isn't not bad??

Just bought a 1911 so trying to figure out what is considered "fair price" for ammo... :D

Dick's sells the American eagle .45 acp for $25 when they get it in. I have never seen .45 less than $22 a box of 50 this year so far.

Was at tips hardware earlier today, shelves pretty full off ammo. 1 brick limit on 22, had standard and high velocity for $39 a brick, 2 box limit on handgun rounds, and plenty of 223, 308, and 7.62x54r. Added bonus they had plenty of ARs on display for sale including a Kris Vector and a treat from Armalite up top that i dont recall seeing there in the past. Paid normal price for the handgun rounds, $22 /box of 50 40s&w

Funny, I was just at Tips this morning and thought the same thing about the full shelves of ammo. Saw .22 lr on the shelve but did not buy since I am pretty well stocked for now. A few guys were drooling over the Kris Vector as well.

I hear they are putting have of there ammo deliveries aside to have it available for customers at their new range and gun shop opening next month.

I was at tips on weds, my friend brought a brick, $40, got home and realized it was a 400 round "brick", just keep an eye out for that, grocery stores have been downsizing quantities for years, maybe the ammo companies will be doing this too.

Are they AE hollow points? AE sells 10 fifty round box bricks of round nose but its 10 fourty round boxes for hollow points.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

Last week I bought a 375 round brick of Federal .22 lr ammo for $25 at Tip's. They did not have any on the shelf. I was picking up two guns I bought, a rifle and a .22 pistol. They asked if I needed any rifle or .22 ammo and I told them I was good but asked what they had. He went in the back and came out with the Federal high velocity brick. I never shot this type so I figured I would give it a try.