Sign in to follow this  
TheDon

Combative Training for People with Disabilities

Does anyone offer combative training courses for people with minor disabilities?  I am not talking about accommodating blind people in wheelchairs; just post-middle-aged fat guys with bad knees, bad ankles, bad backs, etc., who cannot keep up with the younger crowd when it comes to running, cutting, getting up and down, or oblique shooting positions. 

I want to complete the following trainings over the next year or so (as finances permit)

1. Combative pistol
  2. Combative shotgun
  3. Combative carbine
  4. NRA Certified Instructor

Any thoughts or recommendations?   Preferably somewhere south of I-195 and north of the ACE, but I am willing to travel further if necessary. 

Thanks

Don. 

You may want to contact GUN FOR HIRE here in the forum.They are good folks with top notch training.

Yes, you could get through most of their training with mild physical impairments.  You can opt out of specific drills as needed, since they are accomodating you, and you're not training for SWAT team duty.  I completed Urban Carbine 2 with a torn meniscus, although I must admit that some

of the drills proved a bit challenging.

Yes, you could get through most of their training with mild physical impairments. You can opt out of specific drills as needed, since they are accomodating you, and you're not training for SWAT team duty. I completed Urban Carbine 2 with a torn meniscus, although I must admit that some

of the drills proved a bit challenging.

Got that right... With my bad knees, if I hit the deck to go prone, only way to get me back quickly to cover would be to bring in a tow truck... Lmao!

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

The only thing louder than the crack of a pistol shot would be the cracking of my knees and ankles.

Getting up from prone position......thats where the two Boy Scouts come in...

Just a 33 year old stuck inside a 77 year old body....but still playing with my toys......

The only thing louder than the crack of a pistol shot would be the cracking of my knees and ankles.

Getting up from prone position......thats where the two Boy Scouts come in...

Just a 33 year old stuck inside a 77 year old body....but still playing with my toys......

Doesn't get any easier with old age. With my hardware, bad joints, etc... I've acquired new skill sets. For example, even though I have my own weather stations, I don't need it. My foot tells me exactly what the weather will be. Self made Meteorologist! ;)

Snap, crackle, pop of my joints pissed off the cereal guys, because they can do away with the 3 little bozos and hire one big bozo. A movie star is born! ;)

Etcetera etcetera etcetera... Hehe.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...