Sign in to follow this  
carl_g

Pre panic prices

I am new and I want to get an AK variant for my next firearm. Are the prices that I am seeing online still way higher then before Newtown?

It looks like on the average I am looking at $800 + another 100 or so for transfer and compliance work.

Even the non-converted Saigas(which are hard to find) are going for 600+ on GB. I assume these prices are still on the high side or are they close to what they were pre-panic?

Thanks in advance..

-carl

a lot of your standard variants were right around 500 or 600 before all this. WASRs, MAK90s, SAR series etc. "higher end" ones like arsenal, waffen werks and vepr were touching the 800 and up mark.

for the record 600 is absolutely ridiculous for an unconverted saiga. i don't care if its a "bargain" in present times, i personally would never pay that much and if they stay that much i guess i'll just never have one.

I just ordered a wasr 10 for $600 last week.  Brand new (kinda?) from jgsales.  I wouldn't go by gunbroker prices anymore since retail outlets have them for much cheaper.

There are also Yugo Zastava O-Pap AK's for $600.

Either, the panic has proved that we'll pay the higher prices and the price will stay high (worked with Gas)

or demand will be so low because everyone now owns 4 when they only needed 1 and it will be hard to give away guns and ammo.

I'm holding onto my money hoping for scenario number 2.

how low do you think prices would go down to with less demand?  I personally don't know anyone that paid panic prices for guns... only ammo because they ran out.

$600 for a lower-end ak variant is a great price in my opinion - especially for not being used.  Pre-panic (october or november), this was selling locally at an unnamed store for $550 (used) and the thing was abused to hell.