Sign in to follow this  
DirtyDigz

You're a teacher? Victim of Domestic Violence? You're fired! (for the children)

How my post turned into a diatribe about the NSA is freaking unbelievable.

The way you guys stretch posts to warp Into your own views is sad. Why do I say "warp"? Because the facts are the it's not just a domestic abuse case. It's shameful of anyone to say my post is me advocating that that any woman the victims of domestic violence should lose their job

The facts are THE GUY SHOWED UP AT THE SCHOOL. So the situation is I am okay with sending my kid to a school that has a menacing felon show up? No. I remove my child. Hence that leads to I remove my child until I know the menace situation is solved

How that logic turned into a NSA and public safety is way off base

Let me try it this way. You move into a new town. You have two schools to pick from. One school the neighbor tells you has a menacing guy showing up to torment one of the teachers The other does not. Which school do you send your kid to? I chose to be prepared and aware. It's not about "right or wrong". Or what's fair or not. I will choose safety of my kid if I have that choice

I have no comment on NSA or wire tapping. I just would probably kill myself if something happened at that school after I learned of that info. Tighter security may change my mind tough. Absent that I remove the kid

EDIT: want to apologize for saying anyone is warped or "unbelievable". I want to keep this adult and civil. Internet tone always comes across as harsh. Not meant to be argumentative

Two schools to pick from for your child. One has has has the occurrence of gangs from another school targeting some of the children. Other does not. Which school do you pick?

Two malls to shop at. One you know the police are keeping an eye on because known threats. Which do you shop at.

It's not just about your kid can be victim of violence anywhere at anytime. It's about what you do with KNOWN data

Before we get ahead ourselves does anyone know what this guy did at the school to begin with?

Indeed. Obviously extremely important. But let's put it in tactical terms for all the peppers on here. Is the above news item deemed a KNOWN THREAT to your child or not. If anyone thinks it is not a KNOWN THREAT then i understand your difference to me. If you think the situation is concerning then you take action. Which is extremely differnent than not walking through Times Square each day or the "your kid could get hit by a car any day".

What do you do with known threat data? Nothing? And please let's not have this thread drift into what defines a threat. Either you think is it not. If we drift into gray areas it won't be solved in this topic. Jack, I'm not addressing this to you specifically. Just adding to your question

And I am really glad this topic came up because I'm really doing some soul searching about exactly how I would handle this situation if it was in my neighborhood. The debates with the wife, the neighbors, my kid. Man. Tough choices. Are we being paranoid or being prepared? How far does "choose not to be a victim" go?