Sign in to follow this  
Njgunowner

Sig556 swat patrol review

I got to test a couple of new guns this weekend, and this was the other one. I bought this thing back in January I believe but haven't been able to test it out until recently. 

The short part... it was awesome! Now for the longer part.

I really like the trigger on this thing, it was light with a clean break. And the recoil was sublime. It's a bit nose heavy and 5.56 doesn't recoil much to begin with. It was accurate once I figured out the diaopter sight it came with. I'm going to need some optics though, I'm getting vision issues in my old age :rolleyes: . I tried American Eagle, Herters, and Independence with no problems at all. 

It's a snap to dissemble and clean. Even the gas blow back system is easy, and I thought that would be a pain. 

Now, some things that could be improved are the diaopter sights. It might be better outside with better lighting but it took me a while to get used to, and I couldn't try out the 100yd + because the range I was using only has 25yd. The other thing I wish they'd done is not use a pencil barrel. It's doesn't hurt in anyway, I just think it'd look better :)

This isn't the gun for everyone, but it's the one for me. If you like a simple design similar to an AK, but with better build and accuracy this might be the one for you. If you were in the military and are more comfortable with the AR-15, maybe not... though you might find you like it :) You can also get it chambered in 7.62x39 , which is pretty cool if you aren't a 5.56 person.

And don't get suckered by old reviews. When they first released the rifle back in the day it had some issues, but Sig fixed any that were sent back to them and all the new ones since like 2008 or so are rock solid. 

Nice review!

Got ya covered for the pics... Here is a couple. ;)

post-5135-137339916807_thumb.jpg

post-5135-137339921329_thumb.jpg

I had pictures at one time but I deleted them :p . I'll have to find them again.

post-5135-137339917962_thumb.jpg