Sign in to follow this  
DeerSlayer

New here from Lake Hopatcong

hello everyone I'm Steve 36 years old. I'm a plumber. Been into fishing & hunting both firearm and bow since the age of ten. Deer, Bear, Waterfowl, upland bird, & Turkey. I also enjoy casting, reloading, sporting clay, and range shooting both rifle and handgun. I'm a member of Knee Deep Club here on the lake where I live. As well as a member of the Sussex County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs. Hope to gain some knowledge from some fellow 2nd A supporters and fellow sportsmen.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Nice I used to live in hackettstown! What do you cast? I have a lot of lead that could be made into goodies. Welcome to the forums

Ive got molds for .40, 9mm, 5.56, .35rem, just started casting about 8 months ago. Figure since my grandpa gave me a press, and im a plumber with access to a lot of lead that I usually just scrap anyway may as well mold my own. Especially since the price of ammo is insane these days. I can also make 12 guage 00. But I usually just buy shotgun shells, never really used a lot of buckshot I prefer slugs.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Ive got molds for .40, 9mm, 5.56, .35rem, just started casting about 8 months ago. Figure since my grandpa gave me a press, and im a plumber with access to a lot of lead that I usually just scrap anyway may as well mold my own. Especially since the price of ammo is insane these days. I can also make 12 guage 00. But I usually just buy shotgun shells, never really used a lot of buckshot I prefer slugs. Thanks for all the welcomes.Sent using Tapatalk 2

Gonna have to catch up with you sometime to learn the cast route, I could use .40,9 and looking for .38/.357 158 swc welcome again enjoy

There is a bit to it. I read a few books and watched some you tube videos. And spoke to a few old timers. Soon as you have clean ingots your good to go. Using scrap lead has an extra step but its a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I want to get into casting and swaging myself but can't seem to find space to do it right now.

Yes I've been blessed with a 2 door detached garage. Casting, definitely not something you want to do inside the house (breathing in lead fumes is a bad idea Plus its a bit messy sometimes). And if done outside it has to be a dry day. A single drop rain & molten lead = bad day. Re loading can be done in a basement workshop or attached garage with some care and caution no problem. I keep my reloading bench set up like a surgery table, clean and bright. Put a tv out there so I can do it while watching Yankee, Devils, or Giants games.

Sent using Tapatalk 2