carl_g

saiga bolt hold open (BHO)

During a conversion do most get rid of or retain the BHO? It looks like a pain to put it back in and also looks like it could get in the way after moving the trigger group forward. I know real AKs dont have one but it seems like it would be a nice feature to have. Thoughts?

It is a nice feature, and it is a pain. I used dental floss to keep the tension on the the spring. Fed it through the bho hole, then snipped the floss when I was done.

I saw that video on youtube. Thanks!

During a conversion do most get rid of or retain the BHO? It looks like a pain to put it back in and also looks like it could get in the way after moving the trigger group forward. I know real AKs dont have one but it seems like it would be a nice feature to have. Thoughts?

I used needle nose and put a slight bend in it as per CSS check the video at the 0:40 mark. One my first one probably took me 2 hours. With the CSS method I could do pretty quick

It was a bit of a PIA, but I kept it on my conversion. Once it is done, it is a nice feature to have.

OT but I love that hand guard, I take it that is the original and your mod.