Blake

Our Army Navy store made the news today!

Thank you all for the positive feedback. We are thrilled to be back open and sales have been even to last year, considering the significant decrease in tourist traffic so far this year we think that is pretty good.

As far as the comments regarding charges for theft of our merchandise, what I will say is this - Clearly the situation wasn't handled appropriately and the town was quick to acknowledge that. It took a while but they did pay for most of what was taken in the end. There is an ongoing investigation into what happened in general over there during the storm that we have no part in so it remains to be seen if anyone will be held accountable.

Our position always was and continues to be that if we could flip a switch and make all of this mess go away we would, bc there is no doubt any money we got was not worth the crap our family and the store had to endure.

Really... I MAY have some old gear to off load if this is the case.  ABU pants maybe a few pairs of Class A's and the like... do they have to be in perfect condition (only reason I would get rid of them is I got new issued ones and was told not to wear these anymore due to fading, paint stains etc.  Also maybe some boots

We would be interested in the ABU's and boots.  For whatever reason we can't give away Class A's so would not be interested in purchasing those.  

If you want to sell anything pm me with exactly what you have and sizes, and I will give you a price.  Please omit anything that is not in condition suitable for resale.   

Heck, I don't volunteer anymore, but I still keep a bag in my truck with a towel, change of clothes, shoes/boots, raincoat, 1st aid kit, lighter, and flashlight.   Sheet happens.  The idea of being a professional and considering looting a local business for such basic items is unthinkable.   A specialized tool that nobody carries that is needed immediately to save lives?  I can understand that.   Dry clothes?  Give me a break.  

EMT_SAR is correct: many people are of the mindset that if you need something, it's a cell phone call away and so they neglect basic preparation.