Sign in to follow this  
Clintoon Eastwood

Suggestion Scope for ruger gunsite or rem 700 under $350?

Looking to price out a scope for remington 700(30-06) or a ruger gunsite(.308). Pricing out the total for the combo rifle and scope. I want to keep it under 1k.

Range I plan on shooting is 300plus yards.

$350 might be a stretch for a scope with that kind of magnification, but I thought I would try to find something that is affordable and decent. Is that possible?

Suggestions, please?

Any suggestions on the magnification for 200-500 yards?

I was really leaning towards 3-9x40 but I dont think it would good enough for 300 plus yards

the one I showed you is the best bet in your price range hands down.  You can read the reviews on snipershide or ar15.com as it's been purchased extensively with much fanfare.

Personally, I'd save up and buy a viper 2.5-10 if I were you

I put a Leupold Scout scope on my Ruger GSR and love it. I hunted boar last year in TN using an Aimpoint at shorter distance, but the Scout scope works really well. I have the fixed 2.5 power version and it is very good glass. I haven't shot to 300 with it yet. It is very accurate and clear to 150yds (furthest I have used it). I plan on taking it out to a longer range to test the capabilities.