vmastro87

what is the proper way to adjust glock 19 sights?

My glock 19 has ameriglo sights installed ( by previous owner). Its shooting about 4 inches left of center. Just to make sure it wasnt me i let a friend shoot it who i consider excellent with a handgun, he is dead nuts with his own glock and was hitting the same place with mine. I want to move the rear sight over but i dont know how far over equates to what. It was about 4 inches left at 15 yards. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

glock sights are not easy to move. i have put night sights on a glock 22 and 19. get a set of brass punches(its a soft metal) and a hammer. it took some hard hitting to move them.

Here are some videos to help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=adjust+glock+rear+sight&oq=adjust+glock+&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l2.2168.10127.0.13021.15.9.1.5.6.0.166.1080.1j8.9.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.-biA5TPB_Kk

good luck

oh man that was me last week, I was shooting 25 yds out and literally every round was 5-6 inches left. The trigger was really messing me up.its the first time shooting it and I think I was flinching not being use to the trigger pull.

Is the rear sight centered now? Many people have the habit of shooting left with a Glock. It's not always the sights but getting used to the Glock trigger

My glock 19 has ameriglo sights installed ( by previous owner). Its shooting about 4 inches left of center. Just to make sure it wasnt me i let a friend shoot it who i consider excellent with a handgun, he is dead nuts with his own glock and was hitting the same place with mine. I want to move the rear sight over but i dont know how far over equates to what. It was about 4 inches left at 15 yards. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Where are you located? I have the glock sight tools, if nearby Bergen you can come by or meet me at bullet hole to adjust.

some real good info here, thanks guys. There is of course the chance its just me i would never deny that but i think its the sights in this case. I will mark it and try moving it slightly to the right. Thank you EC i have access to a sight pusher that i helped build so im ok with that.

im guessing there are no marks or anything of the such to tell u if its exactly centered? if i measure with calipers the distance from side to side will this get it pretty close?