Sign in to follow this  
AMScott

Dual Citizenship.... NJ/PA Question....

My primary residence in in NJ.... My drivers license, voting registration and stuff like that are all NJ..... I have a second home in the Poconos in PA.... Can I legally have dual citizenship?  If I do does this effect the way I may purchase a gun?  Just wondering ?

You're not a "citizen" of NJ

You're a "resident" (subject) of NJ when you reside here.

You're a resident of PA when you reside there.

Prove to a PA FFL that you are residing there (paying property taxes is a big help) and you should be able to buy in PA while you reside there.

If your acquisition is jersey-legal, you can bring it with you when you return to your cell residence in NJ.

Otherwise, don't or you'll end up residing at the Hotel Rahway or one of its 'sister-resorts' here in the Glorious PRNJ for a long long time.

Technically if you can prove your residence, you are a dual resident under Federal law. 

But I am not sure PA would give you a LTCF.

Why not just make your primary residence PA? If you're a gubmint employee in NJ that could be one reason? 

Why not just make your primary residence PA? If you're a gubmint employee in NJ that could be one reason? 

That's the only reason I haven't fled, defected, moved yet. I would gladly double or even triple my commute in exchange for living in America.  

But both me and the wife are lazy, over-compensated, under-worked, coddled gubmint workers. (saved you all some typing).

I'm purchasing vacation property in Murica an I as well am a PRNJ Govt employee so as soon as I purchase I plan I talking to the county sheriff to find out what I can do about dual residency for the purpose of SBRs and suppressors

To buy guns in PA (or any other state) as a dual resident you need to prove you have a residence in PA, cannot be just empty land. To do this, you need to present a government issued bill or other document with that address and your name on it. You will also need a government issued photo ID, your NJ DL will work fine for this. You can only buy guns in PA while you're actually residing in PA. Don't expect many PA FFL's to understand that this is legal or be willing to do it if they do, but a few will. Good luck!