HareLikeARabbit

Looking to get a .22LR Bolt Action Rifle. Any Suggestions?

Im gonna check out the new Ruger Rimfire .22 bolts... I think they take the same mags as the 10/22

You're right. Saw a video demo from Ruger on the new Ruger American Rimfire. They take the same bx 10 mags as the 10/22.

Seems to be a pretty nice rifle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Had my hands on the new Ruger Rimfire last week.  They make an 18" and a 22" barrel.  Both come with iron sights, standard 22LR "rail" for mounting rimfire bases, and the receiver is also tapped for other bases.  I also like the feature of 4 interchangeable stocks.  The 18" barrel model comes with 2 stocks, both short length of pull models (under 13"), one with a higher comb for using scopes.  The 22" comes with the longer length of pull stocks (again, both the low profile and the high comb).  If you buy one rifle or the other then want the other stocks, they are $20/ea.  Thinking about getting the 22" barrel model, then picking up the short low profile stock to let the kids shoot it with the iron sights.

Good rifles. But not a bolt action.

I've got better things to do than rock that bolt all day long....get it? rock the bolt?

Get a semi-auto 22 rifle.  You'll see.

Besides, only little kids & girls use bolt action 22 rifles.

(ok I better explain this one before I get slammed.  Little kids ARE better off using bolt action because it trains them to slow down as beginners & not go blasting off rounds without consideration & aiming.  And you guys thought this was just some macho feel good comment.  ok ok it was & I'm shameless.)

I would buy one .22 with a tube magazine that will shoot anything from cb's to LR's PLUS another one of your choice.  Of all my .22's my 60 year old savage tube magazine bolt .22 is what I shoot the most.  All good suggestions above.  Ed.

We'll see about that when the hungry bear charges! LOL

I would not use a 22 on a bear and I have semi auto 22 I just do not use it much as it was a gift from my uncle when I became an Eagle Scout and he passed last year with cancer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2